After saying bye to fall and bringing out our winter wardrobe, we may see that we’re a tad tired of our old wardrobe and have some shopping to do. If you’re like many of us that shop a tad too much in the summer and fall, you may need to shop on a budget. Have no fear though, we’re here for you! We have fashion tips on how to get your buck’s worth when it comes to updating your closet for the winter.
Here is our fashion advice for shopping on a budget this season:
1. Take a good, hard look at your winter clothes: First, you must review your clothing carefully. There may be some gems in your closet that you either looked over or can accessorize or combine to make a great outfit. Also, don’t pack away your summer and fall clothes just yet, because you can always layer up. You want to make sure not to do more shopping than needed if on a budget. So, go on and look, and then make a list of your needs and wants.
2. Know your budget: Before anything, it is absolutely essential that you know how much you can spend. You need to know your budget overall and how much you can spend on what. For example, you can spend X amount on boots, X amount on tops and sweaters, and X amount on bottoms. If you carefully make your calculations, you are more likely to not over shop and get what you need.
Related Link: Beauty Advice: Beauty Tricks That Will Save You Money
3. Shop with a calculator: It would look silly to walk around with an actual calculator, but luckily our smart phones have one, so use it! As you add each item to your shopping cart or bag, add the prices up. It will help you keep track of how much you’d potentially be spending.
4. Go out and shop: Shopping online is extremely easy, however, if you have to pay for shipping or later on realize what you bought doesn’t fit right, you’ll be spending extra bucks. The beauty of shopping in person is that you can try on whatever you’d like and see how it looks on you. Sometimes we think something is cute, but once it’s on, it’s just a big no-no.
Related Link: Fashion Trend: Scrunchies And How To Rock Them
5. If you do want to shop online, then…: Shop where there’s free shipping and be sure of your sizes. There are some great sales online many times. Just add what you like to your shopping cart and then once done, don’t head to checkout just yet. First, review what you have and ask yourself if you really want/need it. Many times we get click-happy and add more items to our shopping carts than we intend to. So, go through every single item and think twice.
6. Look for sales and promotions: This one is obvious, but this is where you go online. Check out what stores have major sales before you step out the door. Some stores, like H&M, will give you an additional percentage off if you donate clothing! So anything in your closet that’s torn or you just don’t want anymore, you can donate. Even one article of clothing gets you a discount — nice! Also, shop for the out-of-season stuff, like said before, you can always layer up.
Now let’s go out and have some fun shopping! We’re all excited. Which tip haven’t you considered before? Comment below!