By Hope Ankney
There’s a lot that goes into planning for Halloween. There are the costumes, the pumpkin patches, the hayrides, the movies that won’t scar anyone too badly, and, of course, the food. Having tasty snacks to eat are a staple for any good Halloween-themed get-together. They’re not only a fun decoration, but they can taste terrifyingly good. So, why not put on your apron, get in the kitchen, and start brainstorming what spooky food trends will have your guests begging for the recipes by the end of the night?
Food Trend: With Halloween just around the corner, what are some of the best Halloween-inspired desserts you can bring to your party this year?
Let’s face it: Halloween is nothing without the sugar. Sure, you can have a Halloween party and include more savory foods, but that’s not what guests come for. When it comes to October 31st, we’re setting our sights on dessert and dessert only. Guests come to indulge in so many sugary-sweet treats that they can barely stand afterward, and it’s the one day a year where that is perfectly acceptable! If you want to have some fun, spooky snacks that are easy to make this Halloween, look no further than at Cupid’s food tips for the best desserts to create this holiday:
1. Gluten-Free Halloween Monster Cookies: Whipping up some gluten-free options makes sure that every guest won’t miss out on the fun. With cookies, it’s easy to make them look like a spooky treat. Have almond butter, natural sweetener, and dark chocolate chips on hand as you plunge into this recipe. To bake the cookies, follow the steps provided off of Primaverakitchen.com,¬†and then make sure to have some Halloween-colored sprinkles to draw a mouth with. Finish by adding a couple of white chocolate chips painted with dots of black food-coloring that are placed as the eyes of the monster!
Related Link: Food Tips: Natural Sugar Replacements
2. 3-Ingredient Spooky Rice Krispy Treats: With how busy you’ll be planning for Halloween festivities, don’t let complicated desserts eat up more time. Instead, opt for simple and easy snacks like these three-ingredient Rice Krispy treats to dazzle your guests. According to Chelseasmessykitchen.com, all you’ll need to do is take some rice cereal treats, dip them into some colored chocolate melts, place candy eye-balls on them, and cover them in sprinkles. How fun!
Related Link: Love & Libations: Fall For Celebrity Wines This Autumn
3. Boo-scotti: A quick yet cute dessert that looks more sophisticated than it really is, is chocolate dipped biscotti cookies. Another three-ingredient recipe, Goodhousekeeping.com details how to make this treat in no time! Melt down some white chocolate, dip the biscotti into the mixture, lay on parchment paper in the fridge for 15 minutes, and then melt some milk chocolate, take a toothpick, and make the ghost’s face.
4. Ghost Cupcake Cones: A fun, little twist on a regular cupcake that will have your guests excited to try them. All Confessionsofacookbookqueen.com states is that you must bake your cupcake inside of an ice cream cone before decorating it to the top with a white, frosting swirl. Create the face with black food coloring and toothpicks, and you’re done!
Related Link: Love & Libations: Cocktails Inspired by Halloween
5. Marshmallow Mummy Pops: This is probably the easiest dessert on the list. Coming from Sprinklesofbreakfast.com, all you have to do to make this cute treat is to purchase some jumbo marshmallows, lollipop sticks, white chocolate melts, candy eyes, and some white frosting to pipe at the end. Attach your marshmallow to your stick, dip it in the melted white chocolate, place the candy eyes, sit it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes, and then take your white frosting and pipe it over top of the marshmallow in big ribbons that resemble a mummy!
What are some of your favorite Halloween-inspired desserts to make? Tell us in the comments below!