New York City is the place to be when it comes to the best and most exciting restaurants. The city is always up to date with the latest trends and hottest foods that everyone is dying to try. And what do people love more than a bakery that serves up the tastiest bread and pastries? Well, your search for the most popular restaurants is over because here they are!
There is nothing better than finding a restaurant you love and having them serve up your favorite treats. So, take a look at this list of the best bakeries in NYC and find out which one is your new favorite spot!
1. Arcade Bakery: If their creative name doesn’t make you want to visit, the taste of their delicious pastries will. This simple little restaurant is home to NYC’s best croissants. Talented baker Roger Gural is serving up an amazing variety of cafe food including breads, pizzas, sandwiches and babka. However, their hours are limited to 8am-4pm on the weekdays, so you have to get their early and snag your treats!
Related Link: Popular Restaurant: The Best NYC Vegetarian Spots
2. Maman:¬†Filled with the most beautiful french aesthetic, this restaurant is sure to win your heart (and stomach). With six locations to choose from, there is no excuse not to check out this cute cafe. With their inspiration coming from Southern France and North America, the restaurant offers many types of food such as; sandwiches, salads, quiches, soups, pastries and desserts, breads, and coffee. Their ingredients are all local and fresh, so we are sure that you will find something to satisfy your french craving.
3. Butter & Scotch:¬† This bar/dessert parlor is unlike any place you have been to before. Pairing together alcohol and your favorite sweet treats, this restaurant puts a new twist on your childhood ice cream parlor memories. While this fun combinations seems to be their specialty, the restaurant also offers a regular menu during the daytime which is guaranteed to tickle your taste buds. Butter & Scotch is also a proud supporter of the “girl gang” and shows it with a specialty menu. Any drink bought off this menu will send a portion of the proceeds to Planned Parenthood and help women everywhere.
4. High Street On Hudson: Originating in Philadelphia, this unique menu creating sandwiches with the best bread around comes together in this exciting restaurant. High Street On Hudson offers a variety of bread and pastries, that are truly unlike any other. The bread used for their meals, are their main focus. Each sandwich has its own unique bread creation that shifts from morning to night. Their appeal grows even more as they offer the opportunity for customers to purchase loaves of bread separately to form their own creations at home.
Related Link: Famous Restaurants: Hottest Happy Hours in NYC
5. Great Northern Food Hall: Located in Grand Central Terminal, this Nordic restaurant is perfect for business lunches, quick snacks, or even dinner with friends. Since they have a Nordic inspired menu, this restaurant is dedicated to their breads. They even have their own unique bread making process adopted straight from Denmark. They hand shape their loaves with very wet dough allowing for a perfect texture and crumb which their customers love. Along with their delicious breads, they also offer fabulous danishes and tarts that are as sweet to look at as they are to eat.
What are the best bakeries you have been to in NYC? Comment below?