By Mara Miller
Move aside, bright sunshine and flower prints (especially yellow as a backdrop for the florals!). It’s time to go over to the dark side of moody floral prints in this fall fashion trend. Think dark black background print with darker light pink and powder blue flowers. Or, try navy blue with big black petals. Our fashion tips for this moody floral trend might make you consider trying it if you’re usually a black tee and jeans kind of gal.
Check out the moody floral print fashion trend and put away those bright florals!
Even if you aren’t a floral print lover, it’s still fun to have a print piece in your wardrobe that you might not try under normal circumstances. And if you aren’t a floral print fan, what in the world would you even wear with it? Don’t worry, we’ve got you. Here’s our fashion advice on how to wear moody floral prints:
1. Jeans, jeans, jeans: Moody floral prints look great with jeans. Pick out a dark print with pastel blue roses and pair it with a jean jacket and your favorite pair of jeans (bootcut is life). Dipping your toes into the world of moody florals with jeans is a great way to try the trend without going too extreme if you have never worn floral print in your life.
Related Link:¬†Fashion Trend: Bring the Groove Back With Tie-Dye
2. A midi skirt with moody flowers: Try pairing a moody floral print midi skirt with a pastel sweater as the weather cools down. You can choose pretty much anything to go on top, including a grey sweater if pastel blue isn’t your thing and you’d rather keep your outfit neutral.
Related Link:¬†Fashion Tip: Out With the Outdated & In With the New
3. All-out moody floral: If you’re really brave and feel like you can pull it off, try a jumpsuit full of moody florals. Pair it with neutral accessories like a silver bracelet because the pattern is so bold other items may clash.
4. Leggings: If you aren’t ready to let go of your leggings, moody florals can work well with a long sleeve black shirt. Leggings are great in place of the jumpsuit if that’s not quite your style.
5. Moody floral dresses: What’s better than a flowy dress swishing around your legs? A flowy dress with a moody floral pattern. You’re sure to look elegant in a dress with a darker pattern and some high heels. Jazz it up with a simple necklace and earrings and you’ve got a great date night look, too!
Do you think you’ll try out a moody floral print? What would you pair it with? Let us know in the comments below!