By Rhodesia Williams
Come one and all! We’re well into summer, and bandeau tops are always a fashion trend for this season. Originally used as part of a bathing suit, bandeaus became a part of everyday fashion back in the 70’s and have made a recurrence today. Similar to a tube top, the bandeau is a shorter version, exposing the midsection, and is also known as a crop top. These tops are handy during the summer, especially when going to the beach. The universal piece of clothing comes in many shapes and colors and can be worn with anything.
From bathing suit to casual wear, bandeau tops have evolved in the fashion world. Here are some ways to take this fashion trend and make it your own:
1. Covers are cool: A light cover or sheer top can only make your outfit even more charming. Because bandeaus come in so many different colors that picking a color that is incorporated in your top will allow you to pop out more. Using the bandeau as an accessory helps when you don’t want to wear it by itself or when weather plays a factor in your outfit. The diversity of the bandeau allows for you to layer up if needed. This dress up or dress down accessory is great for the summer, spring or fall.
2. Bottoms up: Because the cute bandeau top is fun and can go with many things, you can wear the sleeveless top with cute high-waisted bottoms. Whether it’s shorts or pants, the bandeau matches well with high-waisted bottoms, especially if you are the type who isn’t too keen on exposing your midsection. An easy fix to a huge problem, bandeaus also come in various lengths so you can always shop around for one that you are comfortable with.
Related Link: Best East Coast Beaches for Summer 2018
3. The Original: The bandeau was originally used for the beach as the top to a bathing suit. Ready for a beach day? For whatever color or style you feel that day, wearing your bandeau will keep you comfortable and ready to enjoy the day!
4. Dress it up!: Your bandeau is strong enough to wear on its own. You can always style your cute outfit with some jewelry or other accessories. This universal top can be worn casually with jeans or it can be dressed up with dress pants. Accessorizing is everything with a simple top. Not into a lot of jewelry? Pick out a printed bandeau and go.
Related Link: Fashion Trend: One Piece Swimsuits
5. Basic bra: As well as being a bathing suit top, bandeaus have become bras. This strapless bra is amazing for strapless shirts and dresses. This cute styled bra can also casually be worn when wearing over-sized t-shirts or tank tops. Bandeaus seem to be a summer time fave! If you are on the fence about purchasing one of these, buy one! When you least expect it, you will wear it and fall in love.
What are some other ways to style a bandeau? Share your comments below.