By April Littleton
When a relationship goes sour, sometimes it’s hard to pick up the pieces and move on. You can be sad for days, weeks and even months. Don’t let the relationship blues get the best of you. Cupid is here to help:
1. Support system: The easiest and fastest way to get over the relationship blues is by interacting with another person. Talk to your family and friends about the feelings you’re going through. The more natural thing to do is to avoid people, but your problems won’t go away if you don’t talk about them.
2. Get back to normal: Get out of bed and live your life. Go back to work. Go out with some friends. Think about getting active at your local gym. The quicker you’re back on your feet, the sooner you’ll start to feel like your old self again.
3. Laugh: The best cure for a broken heart is laughter. When you’re feeling down, pop in your favorite comedy movie or read a funny book. Rather than focus on all of the negative aspects of your love life, think about all of the things you have to smile about.
4. Don’t give up: Don’t give up at the first sign of trouble. Your last relationship might not have worked out, but you’ll have so many other opportunities for love in the near future. Don’t write off every new individual you meet. At the same time, don’t start up a new romance right away either. Before you put your heart back on the line again, take the time to get back to loving yourself first.
Related: How Weight Can Affect Your Love Life
5. Let it go: You won’t be able to move on with your life if you’re constantly stuck in the past. You learn to let go of your ex by relieving yourself of any old feelings you might still have lingering. If you don’t feel like you received the right closure, let your former flame know and have that final talk. Otherwise, stop thinking about them. Guaranteed they let you go a long time ago – especially if they’re the one who called it quits in the first place.
6. Try something new:¬†Pick up a new hobby, or change your hairstyle. Many people find that switching things up a little helps them get over any problems they have going on. You don’t have to try anything too dramatic. However, it won’t hurt to try short hair if you’ve been rocking long locks since you can remember. You could also do something a little more low-key, like a simple wardrobe change.
7. Music: Music is the key to the soul – at least for some people anyway. Listen to a song that would describe exactly how you’re feeling. If you play yourself, write your own lyrics and come up with your own melody. Music is a great way to express creativity and how you’re feeling.
How did you get over the relationship blues? Share your experience below.¬†