By Mara Miller
It’s no secret that animal, floral, and geometric patterns have been popular for ages. In celebrity fashion, Anne Hathaway embraced mixing up patterns for a unique look with this fashion trend. You no longer need to give in to the pressure to match prints with solids. Embrace these fashion tips for some wildly fun ideas!
Print mashups are a fun new fashion trend for 2019. Here’s how you can incorporate it into your everyday style!
Even if you just want to dip your toes into print mashups to test out this fashion trend or you want to go all out, we’ve gathered some tips on how to make mixing patterns work for you:
1. Start small: Starting small with a shoe that has two different patterns might be the way to go. This way you don’t need to worry about spending too much on new crazy prints only to feel like you look ridiculous.
Related Link:¬†Beauty Trend: Pearl Accents
2. Find a solid piece: Polka dots, chains, and alphabet lettering. With a new fashion trend comes new releases in department stores. Search for a dress or top with mixed patterns that strikes your fancy and can act as a statement piece on a night out on the town.
Related Link:¬†Fashion Trend: Bamboo Handbags
3. Accessorize: If you don’t feel comfortable dousing yourself in contradicting patterns, think about finding a purse or clutch to match with a patterned shirt or leggings. That way you will get the look of multiple patterns, but you won’t have to commit to it if you aren’t feeling too sassy that day.
4. Play with size: Try throwing on an oversized cardigan or shawl with color blocks over a pinstripe or polka dot dress when you get more comfortable with this fashion trend. Mixing and matching will give you a unique look when you want to stand out in a crowd!
5. Pair two types of the same print: If you don’t like the idea of mixing animal prints or stripes with florals, think about mixing different colored clothing with the same print on the fabric. This will come off as more professional if you decide to wear it to work, but you’ll be able to have fun at the same time!
Is there anything else you think we should know about mixing up prints? Let us know in the comments below!