Even if you and your love have been dating for a short time, itâ€™s not unusual to find yourself bored quickly. If youâ€™re spending all your time together, you may find yourself running out of things to do or talk about. You’ve gone on as many dinner-and-movie dates as you can handle, and you need to spice up your relationship before it grows stale. Here are some ways to keep your love exciting and new:
1. Try a different kind of date: Traditional dates may be fun, but they grow repetitive quickly. Try a unique date that involves something youâ€™ve never done before. Go on a weekend outing; explore some place exotic for a cultured experience that will broaden your horizons and give you and your babe something new to talk about.
2. Play a game: When your conversation runs dry, the only way to save it is to get creative. Not sure what you donâ€™t know about your love? Those ice-breakers you did all throughout high school may come in handy. Playing 20 questions or â€śnever have I everâ€ť is a good way to learn new things about your honey and feel like a kid again at the same time.
3. Spice things up â€” literally: Does your boyfriend burn water? Take a cooking class together. You can learn ways to incorporate different and exotic cuisines into your everyday cooking, like spicy Indian, Peruvian, or Brazilian food for a flavorful experience. Plus, a class gives you a chance to work hands-on and learn something together.
4. Stop saying no: Most of the time, relationships fizzle out because one person is constantly turning down the otherâ€™s ideas. Next time your sweetheart asks you to go to a basketball, donâ€™t turn him down just because you donâ€™t like it. Keep yourself open to his interests and heâ€™ll be more open to try new things, too. Who knows â€” you may even have a blast!
5. Take some time: A big reason most people get tired of their partner is because theyâ€™re exhausting all their time with each other. Take some time to yourself â€” hang out with your girlfriends, run some errands on your own, and stop spending every night at his place. Youâ€™ll find the time you spend together more precious when itâ€™s not so constant.
How do you and your partner spice things up? Share with us below.