By Tanni Deb
From the spaghetti dinner kiss between Lady and the Tramp to John and Savannah’s passionate liplock in Dear John, Hollywood love scenes never fail to make our hearts race.¬† Although there are plenty of romantic movie kisses that are list-worthy, here are our five favorite onscreen smooches ever:
1. Titanic: James Cameron made us laugh, cry and fall in love with leading characters Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Rose (Kate Winslet) in his most romantic movie to date.¬† Coming from different classes, Jack, a penniless American who won the tickets in a poker game, and Rose, the uptight daughter of an English aristocrat, fell in love and sealed their first kiss on the bow of the movie’s namesake.
2. The Notebook: This love story is another tale of love that knows no boundaries, with country boy Noah (Ryan Gosling) and southern socialite Allie (Rachel McAdams) finding themselves in a heated summer romance.¬† After seven long years of no communication, the two find themselves passionately kissing in the rain.¬† This long awaited kiss, filled with both unrequited love and ashes of a teenage angst, is fit for anyone’s teen dream.
3. Pride and Prejudice: Although Elizabeth (Keira Knightley) and Mr. Darcy (Matthew Macfadyen) had nothing but distaste for each other when they first met, sparks flew when they fell in love.¬† After taking a stroll at dawn on a field, Mr. Darcy expresses his undying love for Elizabeth.¬† Since the two went from resenting one another to finally holding hands, their kiss at the end of the movie was gladly accepted by the audience, who has come to know this classic Jane Austen movie quite well.
4. Spider-Man: Who would have thought that watching a man wearing a spandex hanging upside down in the rain while kissing his heart’s desire could be romantic?¬† Since he’s a superhero, anything’s possible!¬† The smooch between Tobey Maguire’s alter ego and Kirsten Dunst’s Mary Jane was so amazing that they were awarded the best screen kiss by MTV in 2003.
5. Breakfast at Tiffany‚Äôs: Locking lips in the rain must make for a great kiss, since this is the third smooch on our list that occurred during a shower!¬† When Paul (George Peppard) leaves Holly (Audrey Hepburn) in the car after wondering how and why people fall in love and belong to one another, she runs after him.¬† As rain pours down, their lip lock expresses the love they have for each other – and sort of answers Paul’s question!¬† The Sun reported that the 1961 film was voted cinema‚Äôs best snog in 2004 by a poll of 4,000 movie fans for Valentine‚Äôs Day.
Which of these movie kisses is your favorite?¬† Share with us in a comment below!