By Andrew Pryor
Itâ€™s true that movies take inspiration from real life, but real life can also take inspiration from a good movie.Â So if youâ€™re not looking forward to this summer because you think the passionâ€™s gone away, get inspired by these five movies about summer romance. Â These tales of fair-weather flings are sure to raise your temperature and make you want to go looking for your own co-star – or create a love scene with the one you already have:
1. Grease: Starting off senior year with some passion-filled â€śsummer lovin,â€™â€ť thereâ€™s no way this movie wasnâ€™t going to top our list. Â John Travolta is greased lightning in a bottle all throughout this rocking tribute to Rydell High, and his duet with Olivia Newton-John is the perfect ode to all that is loved and lost in the summer months.
2. Dirty Dancing: The movie that launched a thousand dance programs, this sizzling dance-floor drama defined Patrick Swayzeâ€™s career through his dynamic moves, along with his chemistry with his dance partner (and future Dancing With the Stars contestant and winner), Jennifer Grey. Â Watch it and be amazed at how much grace and passion is in one summer movie romance.
3. Body Heat: William Hurt is a womanizing lawyer and Kathleen Turner becomes his vice.Â When they meet, sparks fly and things begin to burn – including their chemistry. Â A reminder of the all-encompassing – and sometimes dangerous – nature of passion and romance, Body Heat depicts what happens when a torrid affair turns into â€śall is fair in love and warâ€ť during a dry and unforgiving summer.
4. How Stella Got Her Groove Back: For every woman who needed a vacation and found so much more, How Stella Got Her Groove Back centers around Stellaâ€™s (Angela Bassett) summer fling with an exotic islander (Taye Diggs). Â Itâ€™s a reminder to every lady that love can be found in the most unexpected places.
5. The Notebook: This tried-and-true tale of mismatched love between Noah, a lowly country boy with a modest upbringing and Allie, a girl from the upper-crust of society with the world at her feet, is a movie-interpretation of romance king Nicholas Sparks’ bestseller.Â This 2004 hit proves that happiness with your soul mate trumps sticking to class ranks any day!