By Hope Ankney
It’s Fall. The leaves are falling off the trees. The air is dropping in temperature. The smell of the horizon has officially shifted to burning firewood and… somehow… cinnamon? And Thanksgiving is right around the corner. The changing seasons can inspire a personal change in your own appearance as well, and what better way to do that than with one of the easiest and refreshing beauty switch-ups: Hairstyles!
Changing up your hair this Fall will definitely turn heads. In these beauty tips, what are some of the best new ‘dos that you can deem as an Instagram-worthy reveal?
With Thanksgiving coming up, it seems like the perfect time to debut a new hairstyle to your friends and family for the holiday season. But, your hair transformation doesn’t have to be anything drastic. In fact, some of the most popular 2019 Fall hairstyles are subtle, yet effective. No need to drain your bank account or take a big risk completely changing your hair if you’re looking for a simple switch that’ll be just as powerful as bleaching your entire head. Here are five of Cupid’s favorite low-effort, Instagram-worthy hairstyles that’ll be sure to turn heads:
1. Low-side ponytail: A quick and easy way to change your hairstyle if you are usually a big fan of wearing your hair down is to tie it back in a nice low side ponytail. A favorite of celebrities like Kourtney Kardashian, this simple ponytail can add a touch of difference to your look without much effort. Tie up your hair right above the shoulder on the side of your head, and add some slight wave for texture to change a casual side-pony to a sophisticated style worthy of your Instagram and any Fall get-together.
Related Link: Beauty Tip: Flawless Makeup Starts with Good Skincare
2. Long shag: A shag is a great way to add a little flair of retro to your appearance. With recent beauty trends taking a page from decades past, it’s only natural that a ’70s shag would be “in” sooner or later. Easy to achieve, tell your stylist that you want some shattered layers with a long, thick bang. This should get you that fun and casual shag for the season.
3. Blunt lob: If you have thin hair and are forever wishing for a fuller look, the blunt lob could be your saving grace. Very popular this Fall, this hairstyle can be bold and classic while also giving the illusion of a fuller mane. Some stylist experts have even called this look the “statement cut of the season.” Having a simple lob that grazes your collarbone can do wonders for transforming your appearance without much effort involved.
Related Link: Beauty Advice: Beauty Tricks That Will Save You Money
4. Intense curls: It’s refreshing to see such a celebration of natural hair within the beauty industry, recently. Whether your hair is naturally curly or you want to to add some voluminous curls to your hair, anyone can achieve this ’70s disco trend that’s emerging for the Fall season. If you don’t have naturally beautiful curls, using a small curling iron and a teasing comb can give you that fun and timeless look. Keeping it voluminous or pulling the hair back into a semi-updo are both looks out of the several this hairstyle is capable of that can add that change you’ve been looking for this Fall.
5. Statement headbands: Probably the easiest and yet most effective hairstyle on this list, the headband had its time this summer, but it doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere for the Fall. A cute way to switch up your Instagram feed as well as your own personal style, buying some chunkier headbands in fun, Fall patterns or colors can add that Boho spark to your look. Simply slide it on your head, pull the front pieces of your hair forward, and rock the ‘do. The best part is that you can stock up on many headbands for cheap at your local retail stores.
What are some of your favorite Instagram-worthy, Fall hairstyles you’ve been eyeing this year? Let us know in the comments down below!