By Mara Miller
We’ve got a fun fashion trend and fashion advice! If you’re looking for a new handbag and are tired of carrying around a heavy purse that hurts your shoulders, bamboo handbags may just be what you’ve been looking for. And even better: they’re eco-friendly and sustainable! Bamboo handbags make a cute and unique accessory, and it’s time to switch things up this year!
Are you interested in this eco-friendly fashion trend? Here are a few benefits of bamboo bags.
It’s fascinating how bamboo can be used for many different things, from an arnis stick used in a sport developed in the Philippines to a practice handbag you can carry everywhere with you. Here are some of the benefits of choosing a bamboo handbag:
1. It’s lightweight: Are you tired of carrying around a purse that is heavy and makes your shoulder hurt? Bamboo bags are lightweight, but sturdy. Younger bamboo trees remain flexible so it’s easier to create the bag for the manufacturer. Depending on the way the bag is made, you won’t have to worry about it being too stiff when you carry it.
Related Link:¬†Fashion Trend: Take Page from the Circus
2. It’s sustainable: Bamboo can be grown just about anywhere. Plus, it can be continuously harvested without damaging the environment (so you don’t need to worry about pandas going without!) every three years.
Related Link:¬†Fashion Trend: Feathered Accessories
3. It’s durable: The worse thing about a fabric handbag is when the stitching starts to come undone because you’ve packed too much into it one too many times. A bamboo handbag will last longer than your standard fabric bag.
4. They can be rolled up for storage: Nothing is worse than a closet full of purses that take up a lot of space. Bamboo bags can be rolled up for storage until you’re ready to use them again, leaving more room in your closet for other important articles of clothing or accessories.
5. The material is easy to clean: It’s awful when you break a perfume bottle and you get can’t the overpowering smell out of your fabric purse. Or, when your toddler decides to touch your bag with sticky fingers from a toaster pastry they recently ate. Bamboo bags are easy to clean with a quick wipe down.
6. They can be personalized: Some bamboo bags are customizable, so you can get your monogram put on the front of anything from a clutch to a tote bag.
Can you think of any other benefits to using a bamboo handbag over a traditional purse? Let us know in the comments below!