By Rhodesia Williams
From sandy beaches to ancient ruins, there are so many vacation destinations to visit. Always remember, there are a million reasons why you shouldn’t do something, but there are even more reasons why you should. Europe is filled with beautiful vacation spots. With different countries and cultures, you will come back with memories well worth the trips.
Whether you are going as a romantic getaway or just visiting some of Europe’s popular vacation spots, here are Cupid’s Top 5 Must-See Places in Europe.
1. Rome: Talk about history! Visiting Rome will have you thinking you are back in history class. Putting aside the freshly made pasta, there are so many amazing sites to see. From Vatican City, the home of the Catholic Church, to the ancient ruins, such as the Colosseum, you will be in awe. Rome is not only full of art, history and food, but it also has the romantic atmosphere to match. With everything you will get out of the trip, this is worth every penny.
2. Paris: With its reputation of romance, Paris is another great place for a romantic getaway. With landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and the love locks on the Pont des Arts bridge, this city is a place where you can be relaxed and move at your own pace. You also can’t forget about the love of fashion that Paris is known for, as well as their exquisite restaurants.
3. Athens: If you are interested in history, Athens may be the trip for you! After visiting the ancient ruins, you can visit a few of the 10 Wonders of the World. There are plenty of day trips or excursions, like to the Temple of Poseidon or to other neighboring cities. Don’t worry; after your history lessons, there are many places you can go to relax. Greece has many beaches as well as a big party scene and nightlife activity. To fuel up, don’t forget to check out the amazing food. With plenty of cafes and restaurants, there is no way you will go hungry.
4. Dublin: Imagine waking up the breathtaking atmosphere of Ireland. With vivid green acres of grass, fresh air and clear blue skies how could you not enjoy yourself? There are all types of things to learn in Ireland. After visiting the Malahide Castle and Gardens, why not stop at the Guinness Storehouse! Dublin also has their own National Wax Museum as well as and Aquatic Cantre. Interested in the nightlife? Well, don’t worry. The a country known for their love of beer, there are plenty of bars and clubs. There can’t be a dull day in Dublin.
5. Dubrovnik: Sometimes you want to switch it up and go somewhere different and unique. Dubrovnik is a country-like town in Croatia. While this town is outside the capital, there are still so many things to enjoy. With plenty of water activities offered, like kayaking and scuba diving, enjoying a nice hot day on the beach won’t be an issue. Plus, there are a few museums and historical sites to visit. While it’s always nice to learn something new, there are also so many bars and lounges to choose from when the sun goes down. Explore and enjoy beautiful Croatia, and you never know, this could be one of your favorites.
What are some other must-see places in Europe? Share your thoughts below.