Resistance bands are a great workout tool that help you get a killer workout in by using your own body weight. They’re elastic stretch bands, and if you don’t have weights at home, resistance bands are a good alternative. There are benefits to using them as well, aside from working out your full body. They include maintaining stability throughout your movements and using multiple muscles at once. Also, they’re inexpensive, easy to carry around, and easy to store.
Here’s a workout tip: Incorporate resistance bands into your workout or use them solely for specific exercises. Try the following exercises to get that celebrity workout type of routine in:
Resistance bands can help you workout any part of your body from your legs and arms to your back and booty. Start your light strength training to help you get that celebrity body you want this summer. Here are five workouts to try with them:
1. Ankle jumping jacks: Simply place the band around both ankles and stand in quarter squat position. Once you’re in position, jump and bring your feet out and in — that’s one rep. You can do 20 of these or more. This is a good butt exercise. Also, remember not to jump too high, and land straight on your feet, not toes.
2. Standing glute kickback: This is another butt workout to get your booty looking great this summer. Again, simply place your band around your ankles. Next, shift your weight onto your one of your legs and move your other leg backwards and up a little, like a donkey kick, but not as high. Continue doing this motion for 20 reps or more and then switch to the other leg. You can rest your hands on your chest or hips.
Related Link: The Coolest Gadgets to Achieve Your Fitness Goals!
3. Bicep and tricep workout: Hold each side of the band, each in one hand. Place the other part on the floor and step on the middle with both feet. To workout your bicep, pull up with each hand toward your chest. For triceps, bend over with your back straight, looking at your feet. Then push your arms down and backwards. Now get ready for sculpted arms this season.
4. Leg press: Extend the band around your back and around the outside of your shoulders. Next, lay down with your back on the ground and your legs at a 90 degree angle (knees pointing at you), then put the rest of the band under your feet. When finally in position, push your legs back and forth (knees toward your chest and then outward, back and forth). Do 20 reps or more. This will work on your quads.
Related Link: Celebrity Fitness Secrets: Funky Exercise Fads
5. Kneeling back row: This exercise will target your outer back. Secure the band around a door or pole first. Then plop down on your knees and pull the band back with your arms until they’re by your chest, squeezing your shoulder blades as you do it. Return to starting position while controlling the resistance, and repeat. You can 20 reps or more.
Which body part/s are you trying to work on this summer? Comment below!