With the craziness that is life, everyone needs a relaxing getaway. You spend your time working day in and day out at home, at the office, and even your social life can feel taxing. Why not treat yourself and take a week off? Take a trip to clear your head, and you will come back to reality happier and ready for whatever comes your way. These vacation destinations are the perfect places to relax and de-stress. You are guaranteed to have the time of your life and leave every worry behind.
If you’re ready to get away and have the most relaxing time of your life, check out these perfect vacation destinations:
1. Nantucket: Located off Cape Cod, this tiny island is the prime place for a week away. The island is surrounded by natural beauty, and gorgeous town fronts, perfect for spending a quiet time by yourself. The cobblestone streets are great for biking around town and taking stunning pictures during the day and afterwards you can head to the beach and soak up the sun. At night, their restaurants are the place to be. With many options to choose from, you are bound to have an exciting time.
2. Newport: If you love sailing, this destination is the spot for you! With a harbor filled with yachts, and an annual regatta, boat lovers from all around flock to this Rhode Island getaway. Being that this town is surrounded by water, seafood is their specialty. Get yourself a bowl of clam chowder and spend the day taking in the gorgeous views of Newport.
Related Link: Top 5 Cost-Efficient Tropical Vacation Destinations
3. Martha’s Vineyard: A popular island off Cape Cod, is a celebrity destination like no other. If you idea of relaxation is star searching for hours, Martha’s Vineyard is a must. Celebrities like Reese Witherspoon, Barack Obama, Bill Murray and Jake Gyllenhaal spend their vacation days unwinding on the beach and quaint towns. Another highlight to the Vineyard, is that the atmosphere is very laid back. While it does have a large population of celebrities, there is no need to dress yourself up. So pack your comfiest sandals and your best celebrity spy gear, and head on over to the Vineyard!
4. Greenville:Â Greenville, South Carolina–yeah, that Greenville. As there are many cities called Greenville, this one city aims to stand out. With the town constantly growing, there is never a shortage of things to do. Bring the whole family and check out the Children’s Museum and the Museum of Art. Or, tap in to your adventurous side and explore the many hiking trails they have available. Regardless of what you choose to do, Greenville will not disappoint.
5. Williamsburg: If you prefer history and rich culture over a tropical retreat, Williamsburg should be on the top of your list. This town is a monument to our founding fathers and an old English colony that will leave you speechless. While wandering the streets of downtown Colonial Williamsburg you’ll be completely immersed in the past. With old style buildings, monuments and even men dressed as if they were from that time, you will be convinced you took a time machine.
What are some of your top relaxation destinations? Comment below!