By Kari Arneson
The most controversial Bachelor ever is back Jan. 3! Whether you’re new to the series or are already a devoted fan, here are some things you need to know about Brad Womack before tuning in:
1. He’s a self-made man: Born in Atlanta, Brad was raised alongside his two brothers in a single-parent home. At the age of 28, he bought his first drinking establishment. He currently owns and operates several bars and restaurants in Austin, Texas.
2. He’s not new: As the season 11 Bachelor in 2007, Brad Womack had a choice between Jenni Croft and DeAnna Pappas in the season finale. For the first time in Bachelor history, he chose neither woman and ended up where he started: single. In season 15, Brad is now back for a second chance at love.
3. He has to prove himself: Brad earned the ire of millions of women when he rejected DeAnna and Jenni during the finale. By choosing to return, he’ll need to prove that he’s ready to commit and win the trust of the bachelorettes on the show.
4. He’s looking for a friend: When asked what kind of woman he’s looking for, he said he’s “been there and done that.” He just wants a friend and someone he can be himself around.
5. He’s wiser: Since he’s already been the Bachelor, Brad has learned what to do – and what not to do – so he won’t make the same mistakes again. He’s also spent the last three years in intensive therapy that led him to personal revelations about his commitment issues.
For more on Brad Womack and the Bachelor, follow Cupid to ABC.com, and check back tomorrow for our post on the 30 Bachelorette contestants that will compete for Brad’s love!