By Courtney Omernick
The designer wedding dress, the insane guest list, the mile high wedding cake, and more! Celebrity weddings, what’s not to love, right? Even if we can’t throw as big of a wedding bash as Kim and Kayne, it can be fun to imagine what our own lavish wedding would look like. Below are 10 of our favorite celebrity weddings.
1. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: Of course they’re number one; they’re wedding was plastered everywhere, and the pictures from it were some of the highest viewed photos on Istagram…ever! The party started a week before the actual wedding date (Saturday, May 24) in Paris where Kim, Kanye, and a few of their family members relaxed before the big day. Their “I do’s” were exchanged outside in Italy next to a giant wall of flowers. Guests such as LaLa Anthony, Joyce Bonelli, Monica Rose, and more were in attendance.
2. Emily Blunt and John Krasinski: Another Italian wedding! The two actors tied the knot back in 2010 and used George Clooney’s Italian villa on Lake Como to do so. It was an outdoor ceremony and the guest list included George Clooney (obviously), Matt Damon, Meryl Streep, David Schwimmer, and more.
3. Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett: The former Playboy Playmate and NFL star were married on the front lawn of the Playboy Mansion in June 2009. Wilkinson wore a $20,000 duchesse-silk gown (that she co-designed) that had more than 55 yards of fabric and was covered in 1,2000 crystals with R-Mine Bridal’s Armine Ohanessian. Talk about glitz and glamour! Their guest list included Hank’s teammates from the Philadelphia Eagles, Hugh Hefner, Holly Madison, Bridget Marquardt, Jon Lovitz, and more famous faces.
4. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise: In November 2006, seven months after the birth of their daughter, Suri, the two actors were married at the 15th-Century Odescalchi Castle outside of Rome. The bride and groom both wore Armani, and their guest list included Victoria Beckhman, Jennifer Lopez, Mark Ronson, and others.
5. Celine Dion and Rene Angelil: Back in December 1994, the singer married her manager at the Notre Dame Basilica in Montreal, Canada. Dion wore a Mirella and Steven Gentile gown that included a 20-foot train and took over 1,000 hours to complete. Oh, we almost forgot to mention Dion’s seven-pound tiara that was made of 2,000 Australian crystals…
6. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban: The couple was married on June 25, 2006 in an all-candlelight ceremony that took place just after sundown in Sydney, Australia’s Cardinal Cerretti Memorial Chapel on St. Patrick’s Estate at Manly. Kidman wore a dress by Nicolas Ghesquiere for Balenciaga. The black-tie event included friends such as Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Naomi Watts, and Rupert Murdoch.
7. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale: These two rockers had not one, but two weddings back in 2002! First, they were married in London and then had their second ceremony two weeks later at a private home in L.A. Stefani wore a dip-dyed silk faille gown that was created specifically for her so she could show off her girlie, yet punk, personality. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were among the many stars in attendance.
8. Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom: Who could forget Kim’s sister Khloe’s crazy nuptials to LA Laker, Lamar Odom? The couple tied the knot just one month after they started dating! The ceremony took place at a private residence in Beverly Hills, and the couple said their vows in front of triple arches of white roses created by celebrity florist, Mark’s Garden. The bride wore a Vera Wang gown and was walked down the aisle by her step-father, Bruce Jenner.
9. Katy Perry and Russell Brand: When the singer and actor wed back in 2010, it was nothing short of magical. Perry wore an Elie Saab Haute Couture gown and $7,000 Casadei heels to their ceremony at Rajasthan, India’s Amani-i-Khas resort. And, don’t forget! The two entered their ceremony by riding on top of an elephant! How’s that for extravagant?
10. Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi: The talk show host and model/actress wed in 2008 at their home in L.A. among their closest family and friends. Although the couple didn’t have their wedding in an elaborate location, certain items included on their special day sure made for an elaborate event! Both brides wore designs by Zac Posen and Mark’s Garden provided the candles and flowers. Later that evening, all guests dined on an all-vegan menu prepared by the couple’s personal chef, David Silberkleit.
What’s your favorite celebrity wedding? Share below.