By Shannon Seibert
We all know that breakups are painful. Whether you’re the one breaking someone’s heart or the one being dumped, the situation is inevitably unpleasant. Instead of vacationing on the island of Splitsville surrounded by an emotion ocean, keep your heartbreak clean and classy. Here are five articles from our partners to help you survive the breakup blues:
1. Don’t be “that girl”: As tough as it may be to face your partner, indirect breakups are never the answer. If you are the one breaking it off, it’s best to be respectable and ladylike. Check out these people who made the mistake of using social media to do their dirty work. (YourTango.com)
2. If he cuts you off, cut him out: There is nothing worse than going on Facebook and seeing your ex with new arm candy after a recent split. To help the moving on process, clean up your social media. Take down your old pictures, unfriend or unfollow him, and stop checking in on him every day. Lucky for you, in this day and age, there’s an app for that. (YourTango.com)
3. Keep yourself busy: Wallowing in unreciprocated emotions isn’t a positive way of moving forward. Try taking on new tasks or a new hobby. For example, yoga is a great way to cleanse a broken heart while getting into better shape. Take a look at this article, which shows that even Ivanka Trump’s young daughter Arabella can do it. (CelebrityBabyScoop.com)
4. Don’t text him: Texting is an easy way to get yourself into trouble. If you ever wonder if you should reach out to him after you say your goodbyes, the answer is always no. Use this texting guide to avoid uncomfortable situations. (GalTime.com)
5. Ex is for example: Use this breakup as a learning opportunity for yourself and figure out what you don’t want in a relationship. Stop dating the wrong guys and find someone who you see in your future. (GalTime.com)
What have you done to survive a tough breakup? Tell us in the comments below!