By Maria Darbenzio
We all know that trends come and go. This idea holds true for the dating world too. What you’re used to now may not have been the same during the time of your grandparents, and it’ll certainly change again when your grandchildren are dating. Still, some things remain classic. We pulled these five articles from our partners to keep you up-to-date on relationship trends:
1. Open relationships: Although most people believe in monogamy, there seems to be a rise in couples who practice an open relationship. Some even think it’s a way to keep their marriage from ending in divorce. Experts have used the recent split of Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin as an example. Take a look at this article to find out more. (YourTango.com)
2. Dating through the ages: It’s no secret that the rules of dating change as you get older. Looking for love in your teens is radically different than dating in your 30s. Check out this video that explains how age impacts the way people view relationships. (GalTime.com)
3. Baby before marriage: It seems like more and more couples are having children before marriage. Much like Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, the sequence of love seem to have been altered with the current generation. Although plenty of couples continue to marry first, as long as both parents take the responsibility that comes with a child, this alternative approach doesn’t seem as harmful to relationships as some may think. (GalTime.com)
4. Going green: Loving the Earth shouldn’t be designated to just one day, and Raphael Sbarge feels the same way. As becoming Earth conscious gains popularity, so do the combined efforts of partners looking to lessen their ecological footprint. Whether it’s buying cloth diapers for your child, supporting local farmers, or composting for your garden, this is one topic that deserves to stay in fashion. (CelebrityBabyScoop.com)
5. Timeless classics: Not everything needs to change with the time. A simple ‘I love you’ can say more than one would think. Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul knows how to brighten his wife’s life — and how to make us fall more in love with him! Check out how he makes Lauren feel like a queen each day. (YourTango.com)
What are some other trends and/or timeless classics when it comes to relationships? Share in the comments below!