By Louisa Gonzales
Lately, things have been especially good for Jimmy Fallon: He became a first-time dad to daughter Winnie Rose in July 2013, and last Monday, he premiered as the new host of¬†The Tonight Show. The funny man had some big shoes to fill, taking over for past host Jay Leno, and felt pressure to keep the show’s legacy alive, but he got through it with help and support of a special someone in his life: his wife, Nancy Juvonen. The couple first started dating in May 2007 and have been going strong ever since. In honor of their happy relationship, we rounded up five fun facts about Fallon’s lovely lady:
1. The couple were introduced by Juvonen’s good friend, Drew Barrymore:¬†Juvonen works with Barrymore as partners in her production company, Flower Films. The two started the business back in 1995, producing small projects before working on larger films such as¬†Fever Pitch. Barrymore and Fallon played on-screen love interests, but it was off-screen where the real romance began between the producer and comedian.
2. Juvonen is older than Fallon:¬†Age is nothing but a number for the two lovebirds. Juvonen is seven years older than her man, but the couple has shown no signs of letting their age difference get in the way of their relationship. After all, you never know who you are going to connect with.
3. Her engagement ring is one-of-kind: Fallon proposed in August 2007 at Juvonen’s family home on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire. If that wasn’t enough to convince her, his choice of engagement ring didn’t hurt his chances either. When he did pop the question, he did so with an original piece: a beautiful emerald-cut diamond and platinum ring, designed and created by Neil Lane. Needless to say, she said “yes”– and the rest is history.
4. They had a fast-evolving romance:¬†Juvonen and Fallon were together for about three and half months before they got engaged. Only four months later, they walked down the aisle and said their “I do’s” in front of close family and friends. It’s the first marriage for both of them, and hopefully, it’ll be their last. The lovers have been together for nearly seven years, which is unusual for Hollywood standards.
5. Juvonen and Fallon struggled to have a baby:¬†The couple struggled to have a baby for over five years before their daughter was born this past summer via a surrogate. Once they knew they were going to have a child, they thought it would be best to keep it a secret until the baby was born, saying it would be more “fun” and “private” if they kept the news just between the two of them.
Cupid wants to know: Why do you think it is important for a woman to stand beside her man?¬†