By Maria Darbenzio
It’s the end of the holiday season, which also means that the new year has brought engagements and weddings to plan. The road to your big day may seem like a long one, but with a few tips, you can get through the journey without any major detours. CupidsPulse.com gathered these great articles from our partners to help you along:
1. Prioritize: The most important part of planning a wedding is choosing a date and budget. Without knowing the timing, you’ll be unable to pick out flowers, choose a color scheme, or decide whether your ceremony will be outdoors or indoors. In terms of budget, well, we all know that weddings can come with a hefty price tag if limitations aren’t set from the start.
2. Find inspiration: Writing your vows can be a fun opportunity to express your love in a unique way. If you are struggling with finding the right words, try some of these quotes on marriage to help move things along.
3. Seek comfort: What you’ll be wearing under your dress can be just as crucial as the dress itself. You’re going to be in your dress for the majority of the day, so comfort and functionality is what you’ll want to be looking for. There are tons of options available for the bride-to-be. Do some research on what’s available, and then you can try them on and get a feel for what’s best for you.
4. Talk honeymoon: Much like the wedding, honeymoons can leave your wallet looking a little barren. Talk to your significant other about what type of honeymoon you’d both enjoy and how much you’re willing to spend. If you’re a little lost, check out this list of destinations for a wide range of budgets.
5. Focus on the positive: It’s hard to stay away from news of divorce and separation of both celebrities and non-celebrities alike. Don’t let the negative news get you down! Focus on your relationship and take a look at couples who are happily married. On the other hand, those who have been divorced can give you some ideas of what causes a marriage fall apart.
What’s your best tip for planning a wedding? Share below.