By April Littleton
The year 2013 is slowly drawing to an end, and itâ€™s only fitting to look back at some of the most memorable celebrity couples to grace the television screens and magazine covers. Here are Cupidâ€™s top 10 favorite famousÂ lovebirds of this year:
1. Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake: The former 7th HeavenÂ star began dating Justin Timberlake Jan. 2007. The Hollywood couple brieflyÂ split in 2011, only to reconnect in the fall of the same year. Timberlake proposed to Jessica Biel in Jackson, Wyoming in Dec. 2011. They married at the Borgo Egnazia resort in Fasano, Italy in Oct. 2012.
A Celebrity Relationship That Started in College
2. Prince William and Kate Middleton: The Duke of Cambridge started seeing Kate Middleton in 2003 when the two were university flat mates. The famous couple became engaged in Kenya in Oct. 2010. In April of the following year, the long-time lovebirds had a celebrity weddingÂ in Westminster Abbey, London. The newlyweds welcomed their first child, a baby boy named George, on July 22, 2013.
Related Link: Celebrities Who Met on Blind Dates
3. Jay-Z and BeyoncĂ©: The Love on Top singer secretly married Jay-Z in New York City on April 4, 2008. Since then, the Hollywood couple have been more relaxed about the status of their relationship. BeyoncĂ© announced her celebrity baby news on live TV during the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards while performing one of her singles. She said, â€śTonight, I want you to stand up on your feet. I want you to feel the love that’s growing inside of me.â€ť After her performance, the singer dropped her microphone and revealed her growing baby bump. The coupleâ€™s daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was born on Jan 7, 2012.
4. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Everyone should know the story of how these two met. Remember the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith? The famous couple have been together for eight years now, welcomingÂ three biological children together as well as three adopted kids.
5. Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder: The Vampire Diaries co-stars confirmed their celebrity relationship in 2011. Two years later, the duo called it quits, and Nina Dobrev began dating Dancing with the Stars professional Derek Hough. Just six weeks after the famousÂ couple went public, the two went their separate ways, saying the relationship â€śplayed itself out.â€ť Since then, celebrity dating rumors about Ian Somerhalder and Dobrev rekindling their romance have been spreading.
A Hollywood Couple Who Waited for Same-Sex Marriage Before Having a Celebrity Wedding of Their Own
6. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard: More than three years after announcing their engagement, the happy celebrity couple finally got married. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard began dating in late 2007 and got engaged two years later. Wedding plans were postponed when the pair decided to wait until same-sex marriage was legal in California, which happened in June. To celebrate, the former Veronica Mars star tweeted, â€ś@daxshepard1 will you marry me? Xo #marriageequality #loveislove.â€ť The married duo also welcomed their first child, daughter Lincoln, in March.
7. Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman:Â Drew Barrymore began dating Will Kopelman in 2011, and the two became engaged a year later. Married since June of last year, the famous couple had a daughter, Olive Barrymore Kopelman, and are expecting baby number two!
8. Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler: The Hills star married Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler a year after the birth of their son Camden Jack, who was born in 2012. In Oct. 2013, Kristin Cavallari announced she was pregnant with their second child.
Related Link: Celebrity Women Dating a Much Younger Man
9. Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson: The singer became engaged to Eric Johnson in Nov. 2010, whom she dated since May of the same year. She gave birth to their first child, Maxwell Drew Johnson, in May 2012, and their second, son Ace Knute Johnson, on June 30, 2013.
10. Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez: After her celebrity divorceÂ from model Gabriel Aubry, Halle Berry began dating actor Olivier Martinez in 2010 after meeting on the set of their film Dark Tide. The Hollywood couple got engaged two years later and married on July 13, 2013. The pair welcomed a son together, Maceo, in October.
Are there any other famous couples you were hoping to make the list? Comment below!