Everybody loves a good prank â€” and celebrities are no different. Of course, their pranks usually get more attention than those executed by everyday folks. They have endless means at their disposable (including a fan base to share the funny news) and often take pranking to a whole new level. In honor of April Foolsâ€™ Day, we pulled together this list of our five favorite celebrity pranks (in no particular order):
1. George Clooney versus Brad Pitt: These two leading men are involved in an ongoing war of pranks both on and off film sets. It started when Clooney put a bumper sticker on Pittâ€™s car that read, â€śIâ€™m gay and I vote.â€ť In response, Pitt bought a few ads in the Hollywood trade papers about Clooney being twice named People magazineâ€™s â€śSexiest Man Alive.â€ť Wonder what these actors have up their sleeves next!
2. Ashton Kutcher versus Justin Timberlake: Who can forget MTVâ€™s show Punkâ€™d, which was created, hosted and produced by Kutcher? One of the best pranks was played on Timberlake. One of Kutcherâ€™s friends posed as someone from the Internal Revenue Service and told Timberlake that he owed over a million dollars in taxes and that they were going to take all of his possessions â€” even his dogs. The â€śSuit & Tieâ€ť singer was nearly brought to tears before Kutcher revealed the truth.
Related Link:Â April Fools’ Pranks to Play on Your Significant Other
3. Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon versus Jimmy Kimmel and Ben Affleck: Silverman paired up with Damon to prank then-boyfriend Jimmy Kimmel. Their hilarious video has had almost four million views on YouTube! To retaliate, Kimmel teamed up with Affleck, Damonâ€™s BFF, and created another video that featured Cameron Diaz, Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle and more.
4. Taylor Swift versus Keith Urban: To ensure that her tour with Urban ended on high note, Swift decided that pranking was a must. The country starlet, along with a few of her band members, dressed up in full KISS makeup and outfits and rushed the stage while Urban performed “Kiss a Girl.” Certainly made for a memorable photo op!
5. Khloe Kardashian and Nicole Richie versus Kim Kardashian: In 2010, Khloe and Nicole teamed up to prank Khloeâ€™s big sister, Kim. They hacked into her Twitter account and posted hilarious updates until the reality star figured it out. Luckily, she was a good sport about the joke and later tweeted, â€śThat was hands down the funniest April Foolsâ€™!!â€ť
Which celebrity prank do you love most? Tell us in the comments below!