Everybody loves a good prank — and celebrities are no different. Of course, their pranks usually get more attention than those executed by everyday folks. They have endless means at their disposable (including a fan base to share the funny news) and often take pranking to a whole new level. In honor of April Fools’ Day, we pulled together this list of our five favorite celebrity pranks (in no particular order):
1. George Clooney versus Brad Pitt: These two leading men are involved in an ongoing war of pranks both on and off film sets. It started when Clooney put a bumper sticker on Pitt’s car that read, “I’m gay and I vote.” In response, Pitt bought a few ads in the Hollywood trade papers about Clooney being twice named People magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive.” Wonder what these actors have up their sleeves next!
2. Ashton Kutcher versus Justin Timberlake: Who can forget MTV’s show Punk’d, which was created, hosted and produced by Kutcher? One of the best pranks was played on Timberlake. One of Kutcher’s friends posed as someone from the Internal Revenue Service and told Timberlake that he owed over a million dollars in taxes and that they were going to take all of his possessions — even his dogs. The “Suit & Tie” singer was nearly brought to tears before Kutcher revealed the truth.
Related Link: April Fools’ Pranks to Play on Your Significant Other
3. Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon versus Jimmy Kimmel and Ben Affleck: Silverman paired up with Damon to prank then-boyfriend Jimmy Kimmel. Their hilarious video has had almost four million views on YouTube! To retaliate, Kimmel teamed up with Affleck, Damon’s BFF, and created another video that featured Cameron Diaz, Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle and more.
4. Taylor Swift versus Keith Urban: To ensure that her tour with Urban ended on high note, Swift decided that pranking was a must. The country starlet, along with a few of her band members, dressed up in full KISS makeup and outfits and rushed the stage while Urban performed “Kiss a Girl.” Certainly made for a memorable photo op!
5. Khloe Kardashian and Nicole Richie versus Kim Kardashian: In 2010, Khloe and Nicole teamed up to prank Khloe’s big sister, Kim. They hacked into her Twitter account and posted hilarious updates until the reality star figured it out. Luckily, she was a good sport about the joke and later tweeted, “That was hands down the funniest April Fools’!!”
Which celebrity prank do you love most? Tell us in the comments below!