Summer’s almost over, and soon, the itch to leave your office and get outside to enjoy warm weather will be a thing of the past. Although being in a relationship during the cooler months is full of cuddling in order to stay warm, but nothing beats summer romance. Whether you met someone special this summer and you still want to create your own summer nights like those from Grease or you’re looking for a new romantic way to end the summer with your steady partner, you’ll find being creative is the best way to let the season end. Skip the clichéd beach picnic date and try one of these ten romantic ways to enjoy the last weeks of summer instead:
1. Love is thicker than water: Grab a bag of water balloons and go crazy! Enjoy water during the heat while you can, because before you know it, the next duel you’ll be sharing will be a cold snowball fight. So where is the romance? Seeing each other wet and bouncing around is sure to inspire love touches and raise the level of heat so that the water won’t be able to cool it down.
2. Sweat is sexy: Playing a sport is always incredibly sexy. A great choice during the summer is volleyball. Hit the beach and wear your sexiest swimsuit and you’ll be sure to give your partner a heat stroke. Play on each other’s team for plenty of friendly camaraderie and don’t be afraid to sweat.
3. Take a cruise: It might be expensive to take a ride on a cruise ship, but don’t underestimate the fun you can have cruising around on a car trip. Driving is an all-season romantic trip, but it really rocks when it’s warm out. Forget the air conditioner and roll down all the windows for a warm summer breeze. Try singing along to every song on the radio.
4. Enjoy your own holiday: Who says Independence Day is the only summer holiday? Check out dailyholidys.net for last minute holidays to celebrate before the summer’s up. August 1 is Girlfriend Day and August 2 is National Night Out. Make it fun and promise to celebrate every holiday on the calendar.
5. You can’t get bored with a board game: Go outside in a park or even on your rooftop and bring all of your favorite childhood games with you. There’s nothing better than laughing with your special someone in beautiful weather. Add some grown-up perks by handing out coupons for free kisses and massages for whoever wins.
6. Catch an outdoor flick: Couples can enjoy air conditioning in a movie theater any time of the year, so take advantage of the weather and take your movie date outside. Buy tickets for a drive-in movie or a movie showing in the park. Bring a cooler full of ices and ice cream to beat the heat and keep the night sweet.
7. Hit the kitchen: Cooking is usually romantic, but slaving over a hot stove in the summer isn’t. However, there are some simple summer meals you can enjoy together. Go out to a farmer’s market and pick out fruits and veggies that are in season and make a delicious fruit salad. Pair your salad with iced tea and call it an official summer dinner. Don’t forget dessert–have your favorite kind of ice cream.
8. Enjoy air conditioning for the last time: Before you turn off your AC and take it out of your window, choose a hot day and take a walk outside with the AC on at home. When you come back, jump into your bed completely naked. Nothing feels better than an air conditioner and your partner’s warm touch after a hot day.
9. Sprinklers for adults: Remember how much fun sprinklers were when you a kid? Recreate those old times without looking creepy in a kiddie park by jumping into a fountain. Go to a nearby college campus or park and jump in a fountain for some cool fun in the summer heat.
10. Cliché one last time: It’s the end of summer, so you have to go to a pool or beach to really say goodbye to warm weather. Enjoy the water, sun, and each other and do your best to make it a celebration to remember. Here’s to next summer!
How do you enjoy the last days of summer? Share your comments below.