There are some celebrity couples that we love to hate. Sure, they annoy us, but we can’t help but wonder what they’ll do next. And then there are those couples that we want to go away. They’re constantly in the news — and often, for the wrong reasons. Thanks to their outlandish behavior, we’ve forgotten why they’re famous in the first place.
1. Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt: This couple first met when Lauren Conrad introduced them on The Hills, and we’ve been following their rocky romance ever since. After their reality show ended, the couple strived to stay in the spotlight with their alleged divorce, Montag’s multiple plastic surgeries and her fledgling singing career. Most recently, Speidi has attracted attention by contacting their former — and estranged — co-stars through Twitter. These messages were ignored, making us wonder why we don’t do the same.
2. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: Although this new couple hasn’t yet confirmed their relationship, they’re certainly not keeping their feelings for each other under wraps. Taking their love from coast to coast, they’ve been spotted getting cozy at a restaurant opening in New York City as well as a Los Angeles Lakers game. Kardashian’s even made a romantic fashion statement for her new man, sporting ‘KW’ earrings at numerous public appearances. Given Kardashian’s romantic track record, here’s to hoping this relationship doesn’t surpass the 72-day mark.
3. LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian: Their relationship had a memorable start: the couple met when they co-starred in the Lifetime movie Northern Lights, and they instantly fell for each other; although, both were married at the time. Rimes and Cibrian have never been shy about their relationship, even going on public dates during their extramarital affair. From Rimes’ revealing tweets to their constant PDA, it’s time for this couple to get a room.
4. Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Jionni LaValle: Just when we’ve grown accustomed to their outrageous behavior on Jersey Shore, Polizzi and LaValle shock us with a big announcement: they’re engaged — and expecting a baby! Since promising to change her wild child ways, Polizzi says that her partying days are over and that “pregnancy just made [her] more mature.” Still, the star can’t help but attract attention, tweeting pictures of her cleavage and belly. When will enough be enough?
5. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth: The on-again, off-again couple met on the set of The Last Song and quickly took their chemistry off-screen, with Cyrus sharing private details of their relationship through her Twitter account. The former costars recently got engaged, but we’re starting to care less and less about their next moves.
Which celebrity couple do you most wish would disappear? Share your thoughts below.