If you’re looking for love online and haven’t found it yet, perhaps all it takes is a little offline help. Â You see, many singles meet potential partners online and carry on great conversations via email but sometimes that’s as far as it ever goes. Â Or, they spend weeks, even months, emailing someone that they think could be a long-term partner but when they meet in person they realize that they have nothing in common. Â Online dating is a brilliant way to meet someone new but the the real connection happens when two people are face-to-face. Â That’s why we were excited when we saw theÂ launch of HowAboutWe.com’s recent commercial, Chemisty Happens Offline. Â HowAboutWe.com really “gets it.” Â They influence their members to get out there and go on dates when they find an initial connection. Â In fact, they are so committed to this idea that they are running a very coolÂ contestÂ asking people to submit their own video explaining what “Chemisty Happens Offline” means to them. Â The video with the most votes could walk away with $1,500. Â Here’s a look at the video we pulled together:
Remember to enter the contest and vote for your favorite video by “liking” it. Â Also asÂ part of theÂ promotion,Â those who sign up for HowAboutWe.com are eligible to take 33% off their subscription simply by usingÂ Coupon Code:Â VDAYLOVE
Here are five reasons why we at CupidsPulse.com feel that people need to go offline to find love:
1. Unflattering Photos: Some people aren’t photogenic and they actually look better in person than they do in a photo. Â Someone’s personality and mannerisms can also add to a personâ€™s attractiveness.Â As they say, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.Â It’s hard to get an impression or build chemistry from a one-dimensional image.
2. Poorly Written Emails: Many people, mainly men, are not the best writers or good at expressing themselves. Â It’s hard to read the tone of someone’s voice or know when they are using wit and humor. Â Verbal communication is necessary in order to build chemistry.
3. Impersonal Connection: Even if your email chatter creates an initial spark there’s only so much you can build and sustain over the internet.Â Meeting offline allows you to ascertain facial expressions, eye contact, body language and host of other physical attributes.
4. Lack of Trust: You really don’t know who you’re talking to when communicating over a mobile device, or computer screen.Â There have been many cases where people make fake profiles, use photos from twenty years ago or they’re in a serious relationship and just looking to have fun.Â Meeting someone online is great initially, but if they’re reluctant to meet you in person, it could be a red flag that they aren’t being truthful.
5. No Physical Interaction: If you want to establish chemistry you need to date.Â You have to observe your potential love interest in various situations, everything from how he acts at a restaurant to the conversation he has with your friends to how he treats his own mother. Â These things can’t be experienced online.