If you’re looking for love online and haven’t found it yet, perhaps all it takes is a little offline help. ¬†You see, many singles meet potential partners online and carry on great conversations via email but sometimes that’s as far as it ever goes. ¬†Or, they spend weeks, even months, emailing someone that they think could be a long-term partner but when they meet in person they realize that they have nothing in common. ¬†Online dating is a brilliant way to meet someone new but the the real connection happens when two people are face-to-face. ¬†That’s why we were excited when we saw the¬†launch of HowAboutWe.com’s recent commercial, Chemisty Happens Offline. ¬†HowAboutWe.com really “gets it.” ¬†They influence their members to get out there and go on dates when they find an initial connection. ¬†In fact, they are so committed to this idea that they are running a very cool¬†contest¬†asking people to submit their own video explaining what “Chemisty Happens Offline” means to them. ¬†The video with the most votes could walk away with $1,500. ¬†Here’s a look at the video we pulled together:
Remember to enter the contest and vote for your favorite video by “liking” it. ¬†Also as¬†part of the¬†promotion,¬†those who sign up for HowAboutWe.com are eligible to take 33% off their subscription simply by using¬†Coupon Code:¬†VDAYLOVE
Here are five reasons why we at CupidsPulse.com feel that people need to go offline to find love:
1. Unflattering Photos: Some people aren’t photogenic and they actually look better in person than they do in a photo. ¬†Someone’s personality and mannerisms can also add to a person‚Äôs attractiveness.¬† As they say, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.¬† It’s hard to get an impression or build chemistry from a one-dimensional image.
2. Poorly Written Emails: Many people, mainly men, are not the best writers or good at expressing themselves. ¬†It’s hard to read the tone of someone’s voice or know when they are using wit and humor. ¬†Verbal communication is necessary in order to build chemistry.
3. Impersonal Connection: Even if your email chatter creates an initial spark there’s only so much you can build and sustain over the internet.¬† Meeting offline allows you to ascertain facial expressions, eye contact, body language and host of other physical attributes.
4. Lack of Trust: You really don’t know who you’re talking to when communicating over a mobile device, or computer screen.¬† There have been many cases where people make fake profiles, use photos from twenty years ago or they’re in a serious relationship and just looking to have fun.¬† Meeting someone online is great initially, but if they’re reluctant to meet you in person, it could be a red flag that they aren’t being truthful.
5. No Physical Interaction: If you want to establish chemistry you need to date.¬† You have to observe your potential love interest in various situations, everything from how he acts at a restaurant to the conversation he has with your friends to how he treats his own mother. ¬†These things can’t be experienced online.