As evidenced by the popularity of ski resorts like Park City, Utah and Telluride, Colorado, celebrity couples love sneaking away for a snowy romantic vacation — and what’s not to love? Afternoons spent on the slopes of a majestic mountain and evenings spent snuggling up by a fire or exploring the local nightlife make for a perfect wintery holiday.
When temperatures drop and snow begins to fall, there is sure to be an influx of Hollywood couples at the following ski destinations:
Related: Have Winter Fun In The Sun
1. Aspen, Colorado: The slopes of Ajax Mountain or Snowmass are often teeming with celebrity duos — although it may be hard to spot these famous faces when they’re covered in scarves and snow goggles. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell keep a house here, often inviting children Oliver and Kate Hudson and their families to join them. Heidi Klum and Seal, with their adorable snow bunnies in tow, rang in the New Year last year in Aspen, while Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon showed off their skiing prowess in coordinating black-and-gray suits.
2. Park City, Utah: Although this winter wonderland is a popular destination for tourists and celebrities alike, the rich and famous come out in droves during the Sundance Film Festival. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have been long-time snowboarders and enjoyed a snowy getaway here early on in their relationship. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale, who played a concert during the Deer Valley Celebrity Skifest, took their oldest son Kingston to Deer Valley in Park City for a day of family fun on the slopes.
3. Whistler, British Columbia, Canada: Whistler, most recently known as the host of some of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games, is as popular for its nightlife as for its 7,000 acres of ski-worthy terrain. Seal proposed to Heidi Klum here in 2004, while Paris Hilton and boy-toy of the past Doug Reinhardt took advantage of the skiing, snowboarding and sledding during a snow-filled vacation in 2009.
Related: Date Idea- Go Ice Skating
4. Telluride, Colorado: This snowy spot is a favorite playground of the rich and famous, perhaps because of its particularly remote location. Oprah Winfrey recently sold her “log cabin” here, and Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes often steal away for a romantic getaway to their home away from home in Mountain Village, a sister town connected to Telluride by a free gondola.
5. Chamonix, France: Located in the French Alps, Chamonix, known as the birth place of skiing, is one of the most popular ski resorts in Europe. In addition to the unbeatable snow and challenging trails of Mont Blanc, the city is known for its aprÃ¨s-ski offerings as well: great French food and a cozy village atmosphere. David and Victoria Beckham often choose this spot for a family vacation; no doubt that baby Harper will soon join her stylish parents and sporty siblings on their next ski trip.
What is your favorite snowy spot for a romantic getaway? Share your thoughts below.