By Molly Jacob andÂ Melissa Tierney
It’s that time of year toÂ give thanks for all the good fortune we have in our lives. Â Whether it be a successful career, good health or a great family, there’s no better way to celebrate Thanksgiving (or strengthen your relationship) than by acknowledging your partner, lover or spouse. Â We tend to overlook the person who matters most to us, and that’s why we’ve come up with 10 ways that willÂ show your sweetheart how grateful you are that they’re in your life:
1. Make a handcrafted gift: A great way to show your partner that you truly care about them is to give them a present with a lot of thought. Â It shows you took the time to create something special for them, so bring out your creative side and make a handmadeÂ memento, such as a knit scarf or painted picture frame.
2. Take a trip:Â Plan a romantic getaway for the two of you, and create new memories. Â Instead of spending the holidays with your family and following old traditions, create your own that will hopefully stick for years.
3. Do their chores:Â Nobody likes to vacuum or dust, but somebody has to do it, especially if you have guests visiting for the holiday season! Offer to take over whatever household tasks your loved one dreads the most to show that you’ll do anythingÂ to show them how much they mean to you.
4. Create a scrapbook:Â People love looking at old photos that remind them of good times, so put together a collection of photos and other objects, such as movie ticket stubs, that will bring back fond memories. Not only will your partner enjoy reflecting on your relationship, they’ll hold onto this precious scrapbook for years to come.
5. Help your partner:Â The holiday season can be stressful for everyone, so take the time to see what your love needs help with,Â such as cooking for a dinner party or holiday shopping. Your partner will appreciate your support during this busy time.
6. Say how you feel: Nothing is more meaningful than the words, “I love you,” so why not give thanks by sharing how you feel? Leave a love note taped to your honey’s bathroom mirror or packed in their lunch!
7. List their best qualities:Â Although your partner knows you love them, sometimes they might want a reminder about why you do. Write a list of all their best qualities, and handwrite it or print it out on nice stationary so they’ll be able to treasure it forever.
8. Have a romantic night: One of the best ways to give thanks to your companion is to have a nice, simple,Â romantic evening for just the two of you. Â Snuggle up by the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoaÂ and enjoy each otherâ€™s company.
Related: Zac Efron Is Dating Sami Miro
9. Start a gratitude journal:Â Buy a notebook or journal for the two of you to write down what you appreciate most about each other. This can be great to look back on if you ever face difficult times and serves as a nice reminder about why you two care for each other.
10. Say thank you:Â What better way to give thanks than by saying, ‘Thank you for being you”? Â This may seem simple, but saying these simple wordsÂ is something we often take for granted.
What other ways can you give thanks to your partner? Â Share your thoughts below.