By Tanni Deb
Celebrity couples are breaking up, getting back together, moving on, finding new love and embracing the single life on any given day. In fact, many of them are experts at being indecisive and unstable when it comes to relationships. Itâ€™s not exactly a lifestyle to strive toward, but that doesnâ€™t mean it doesnâ€™t make us smile when a sweet pair of our favorite stars decides to get back together after previously calling it quits. Here are some notable duos that elected to give it another shot this summer:
1. Lady GagaÂ andÂ Luc Carl: Gaga toldÂ Rolling Stone last year that she had never loved anyone like [Luc Carl] before. Â She was even quoted as saying, â€śThat relationship really shaped me.â€ťÂ Despite these words, it was reported in May that theÂ Bad Romance singer ended their â€śfew year relationship.â€ťÂ It was short-lived because by June the couple appeared to be together again.Â A source toldÂ UsMagazine.com,Â “They had a little fight. Â I think the break-up lasted a week or two. Â They are totally back together now.â€ť Â Sounds like this one may have been the shortest breakup in celebrity history.
2. Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen:The on-again off-again duo met on the set of Jumper in 2007 and was engaged a year later.Â They struggled through many ups and down and finally called things off, splitting for good, in March 2011. Â Following the breakup, a source close to Bilson said, â€śTheyâ€™re done this time.Â [The] engagement is over, relationshipâ€™s over.Â Sheâ€™s really had it.â€ťÂ I guess the source was wrong given that theÂ Hart of Dixie star reunited with her ex about a month later. Â Most recently, the couple has been seen travelingÂ and spending time together.Â Hopefully by the time we print this theyâ€™ll still be together.
3. Sammi (Sweetheart) Giancola and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro: Remember back in January when theÂ Jersey Shore coupleÂ split after dating at irregular intervals for three seasons? Â The ex-couple must have had time toÂ reunite (again) this summer during their shooting in Florence, Italy.Â With Sammi and Ronnie, one can never tell if their on or off. Â Right now it seems like they are lovey-dovey, kissing, hugging and holding hands, but sometimes their fighting looks like that way, too.
4. Jamie Lynn Spears and Casey Aldridge:Spears was engaged to her boyfriend, Aldridge, when she announced at the age of sixteen that she was pregnant with his child.Â The couple ended things before deciding to tie the knot; a baby wasnâ€™t enough to keep this relationship together.Â Then, in August of last year,Â People reported that the former Nickelodeon star and her beau were working things out and most recently,Â Spears tweeted that she and her daughterâ€™s father are back together.
5. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth: Looks like theÂ Hannah Montana star and her ex-boyfriend didnâ€™t sing their last song.Â In June, Cyrusâ€™s brother Trace told UsMagazine.com that his sister and Hemsworth had rekindled their romance.Â The couple fell for each other in 2009 while filmingÂ The Last Song, but split the following August.Â WhenÂ Milyeâ€™s father, Billy Ray Cyrus was asked during an interview what he thought of the Australian hunk getting back together with his daughter, he said that he approved of their relationship.Â â€śHeâ€™s a great guy. Â Heâ€™s solid. Heâ€™s got great character.â€ťÂ Well, if it doesnâ€™t work out this time, Hemsworth can always hang out with Mileyâ€™s dad.
What do you think about all this on-again off-again dating? Â Tell us below.