By Tanni Deb
Celebrity couples are breaking up, getting back together, moving on, finding new love and embracing the single life on any given day. In fact, many of them are experts at being indecisive and unstable when it comes to relationships. It’s not exactly a lifestyle to strive toward, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t make us smile when a sweet pair of our favorite stars decides to get back together after previously calling it quits. Here are some notable duos that elected to give it another shot this summer:
1. Lady Gaga and Luc Carl: Gaga told Rolling Stone last year that she had never loved anyone like [Luc Carl] before. She was even quoted as saying, “That relationship really shaped me.” Despite these words, it was reported in May that the Bad Romance singer ended their “few year relationship.” It was short-lived because by June the couple appeared to be together again. A source told UsMagazine.com, “They had a little fight. I think the break-up lasted a week or two. They are totally back together now.” Sounds like this one may have been the shortest breakup in celebrity history.
2. Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen:The on-again off-again duo met on the set of Jumper in 2007 and was engaged a year later. They struggled through many ups and down and finally called things off, splitting for good, in March 2011. Following the breakup, a source close to Bilson said, “They’re done this time. [The] engagement is over, relationship’s over. She’s really had it.” I guess the source was wrong given that the Hart of Dixie star reunited with her ex about a month later. Most recently, the couple has been seen traveling and spending time together. Hopefully by the time we print this they’ll still be together.
3. Sammi (Sweetheart) Giancola and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro: Remember back in January when the Jersey Shore couple split after dating at irregular intervals for three seasons? The ex-couple must have had time to reunite (again) this summer during their shooting in Florence, Italy. With Sammi and Ronnie, one can never tell if their on or off. Right now it seems like they are lovey-dovey, kissing, hugging and holding hands, but sometimes their fighting looks like that way, too.
4. Jamie Lynn Spears and Casey Aldridge:Spears was engaged to her boyfriend, Aldridge, when she announced at the age of sixteen that she was pregnant with his child. The couple ended things before deciding to tie the knot; a baby wasn’t enough to keep this relationship together. Then, in August of last year, People reported that the former Nickelodeon star and her beau were working things out and most recently, Spears tweeted that she and her daughter’s father are back together.
5. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth: Looks like the Hannah Montana star and her ex-boyfriend didn’t sing their last song. In June, Cyrus’s brother Trace told UsMagazine.com that his sister and Hemsworth had rekindled their romance. The couple fell for each other in 2009 while filming The Last Song, but split the following August. When Milye’s father, Billy Ray Cyrus was asked during an interview what he thought of the Australian hunk getting back together with his daughter, he said that he approved of their relationship. “He’s a great guy. He’s solid. He’s got great character.” Well, if it doesn’t work out this time, Hemsworth can always hang out with Miley’s dad.
What do you think about all this on-again off-again dating? Tell us below.