By Andrew Pryor
You’re sitting at your computer at work and you’ve had it up to “here” with the pile of papers sitting on your desk. All you can think about is an afternoon escape. After all, the work will still be there when you get back. If you’re contemplating calling in sick or checking out early, double up with your partner so that you can really enjoy the day. A vacation for two is much more fun than one. Here are five ready-made reasons to hop the cubicle walls and make time for yourself and your loved one:
1. Celebrate a promotion: If you’ve just picked up a new title and a pay raise, what better way to celebrate than to spend some time off with someone you love? He or she can accompany you to an early and fancy dinner date where you can toast your latest success.
2. Get an early start on happy hour: If you leave half an hour early, it should be five o’clock by the time you hit your favorite bar. Meet your partner there and think back to the first time you bought him or her a drink.
3. Adopt or create your own holiday: Whether it’s Talk Like A Pirate Day, Flying Spaghetti Monster Day or the birthday of a celebrity you’ve always worshiped, find a reason to celebrate, and take time off from work. Here are a few silly suggestions for the month of July from BrownieLocks.com.
4. It’s a nice day outside: Look out the window, feel the sunshine hitting your face and imagine lying in the grass with the love of your life. Life is too short to spend eight hours of your day indoors, so find an out-of-the-way spot you and your honey can call your own.
5. You don’t need a reason at all: The best things in life are unexpected. Come home early and surprise your husband, wife, partner or lover with a sensuous and lovely day together. Sometimes, you don’t need an excuse to spend a day away from work – you just need someone to make that day worthwhile…and maybe a ‘broken’ alarm clock.
Do you have any ideas about how to escape the workday with your partner? Share them with us in a comment below.