By Andrew Pryor
Youâ€™re sitting at your computer at work and youâ€™ve had it up to “here” with the pile of papers sitting on your desk. Â All you can think about is an afternoon escape. Â After all, the work will still be there when you get back. Â If you’re contemplating calling in sick or checking out early, double up with your partner so that you can really enjoy the day. Â A vacation for two is much more fun than one. Â Here are five ready-made reasons to hop the cubicle walls and make time for yourself and your loved one:
1. Celebrate a promotion: If youâ€™ve just picked up a new title and a pay raise, what better way to celebrate than to spend some time off with someone you love? Â He or she can accompany you to an early and fancy dinner date where you can toast your latest success.
2. Get an early start on happy hour: If you leave half an hour early, it should be five oâ€™clock by the time you hit your favorite bar. Â Meet your partner there and think back to the first time you bought him or her a drink.
3. Adopt or create your own holiday: Whether itâ€™s Talk Like A Pirate Day, Flying Spaghetti Monster Day or the birthday of a celebrity youâ€™ve always worshiped, find a reason to celebrate, and take time off from work. Â Here are a few silly suggestions for the month of July from BrownieLocks.com.
4. Itâ€™s a nice day outside: Look out the window, feel the sunshine hitting your face and imagine lying in the grass with the love of your life. Â Life is too short to spend eight hours of your day indoors, so find an out-of-the-way spot you and your honey can call your own.
5. You donâ€™t need a reason at all: The best things in life are unexpected.Â Come home early and surprise your husband, wife, partner or lover with a sensuous and lovely day together.Â Sometimes, you donâ€™t need an excuse to spend a day away from work – you just need someone to make that day worthwhileâ€¦and maybe a ‘broken’ alarm clock.
Do you have any ideas about how to escape the workday with your partner?Â Share them with us in a comment below.