By Tanni Deb
Weâ€™ve all had a moment when we’ve stared wide eyed in utter shock at the TV screen after finding out our favorite celebrity couple has split, trying to figure out what went wrong.Â After all, this pair seemed to be in such a happy relationship!
There will always be famous duos that we think about months (or ever years!) down the line, wondering if they’ll ever reconcile.Â While the possibility may be a long shot, no one can help wishful thinking.Â With that said, here are five celebrity couples we would like to reunite:
1. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake: The famous singers first met in 1993 on the sets of The Mickey Mouse Club and began dating five years later.Â They were everyoneâ€™s favorite celebrity couple in the late 90’s, but their relationship ended in 2002.Â After their breakup, Timberlake released ‘Cry Me A River,’ a revenge song for Ms. Spears herself.Â As much as everyone loved this musical duo it doesnâ€™t seem like theyâ€™ll ever get back together – romantically, at least.Â We can hope for a musical collaboration, right?
2. Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey: Although wedding bells are ringing for both performers, who wouldnâ€™t like this aesthetically pleasing couple to reunite?Â The pair met in 1998 and within weeks of meeting each other, Lachey told his 98 Degrees band members Simpson would be his future bride.Â He proposed in 2002 and the marriage lasted for three years.Â Â Could Newlyweds, MTVâ€™s reality show which aired the coupleâ€™s married life, be to blame?
3. Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe: This blonde coupling were married for seven year when they split in 2006.Â While they seemed to have a successful relationship, they spoke openly about having to work on their marriage, and underwent couples therapy in 2002.Â Despite Witherspoon’s recent nuptials, we canâ€™t stop thinking of what a beautiful couple she and Phillippe made.
4. Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds: After only two years of marriage, the pair called it quits in 2010.Â Rumor had it that Reynolds had an affair with Gossip Girl star Blake Lively, and Us Weekly reported that he told friends Johansson â€śtreated him badly.â€ťÂ Though the Lost in Translation actress has certainly moved on, we wonder if she and her ex-husband will ever reconcile.
5. Courteney Cox and David Arquette: They fell in love on the set of Scream in the mid-90s, tied the knot in 1999, had their first child in 2004 and then shocked the world when they announced their separation in 2010.Â However, the couple isn’t giving up, as they’re currently undergoing marriage counseling.Â We wish these two the best of luck!
These are just a few of the many celebrity couples we’d love to see together again.Â Which celebrity do you want to see back with their ex?Â Let us know in a comment below!