By Katie Sotack
Picture yourself slick with sweat, surrounded by your fitness family, working toward the hot summer body you’ve always wanted. These are the reasons celebrities crave group fitness classes. Participants are quick to become a family, pushing each other past their mental blocks and onto new physical planes. Plus classes are designed by professionals so you know your body is getting the best workout to target fat and build muscle. Next time you hit the gym, try out a fitness class for the best celebrity body workout.
Get excited to try your hand at the latest fitness trend, group classes. But how do you know which celebrity workout is right for you?
Celebrities like Nina Dobrev and Ellen Pompeo are obsessed with their fitness classes. Ranging from slow, muscle-building yoga to fast-paced cardio like Zumba, there’s a group class for every future workout junkie. Here are the details on who does what and why you should try it:
1. The model workout: Ashley Graham, Karlie Kloss, and Hailey Bieber all get themselves into model shape through Dogpound. The workouts are seriously hardcore, think Crossfit levels. Instructors have participants throw hammers and sprint with resistance bands on, plus much more. If you’re looking to build muscle, this is the workout to go with. The more muscle you have, the more fat you burn. So if you’re looking to slim down, this workout could still benefit you.
Related Link: Fitness Trend: Hire a Certified Professional
2. Tracey Anderson Method: These classes are accessible anywhere, whether in person or on DVD. As long as you have an area to get physical you can get fit with Tracey. The workout consists of targeting small muscle groups to tone your overall body. Lena Dunham even credited the program for helping to ease her infamous anxiety. Other celebrity goers are Tracee Ellis Ross and Victoria Beckham (talking about a new way to bend it like Beckham here).
3. Soulcycle: This workout has reached pop culture fame through sweat-drenched cycling workouts and the hoard of celebrities who attend them. Kelly Ripa, Lea Michele, Michelle Obama, and many more make their way to Soulcycle very week. With 70 locations across the United States, it’s as easy said as done. Plus, you can totally pretend you’re Ariana Grande in the Side to Side music video while riding the bikes.
Related Link: Fitness Trend: Mobile Exercise Apps
4. Body by Simone: Dance your way to having Chrissy Tiegen‘s tush and Taylor Swift‘s mid-drift with this program. Designed by a classically trained ballet dancer, Simone offers a variety of workouts from fat-busting dance cardio to full-body tone up routines. The studios are only in NYC and LA but fear not, there’s an eight-week transformation program available to stream.
5. Gotham Gym: Based in New York City, trainer Rob Piela opened a gym dedicated to boxing fitness. Classes are forty-five minutes, with arm toning jabs, uppercuts, and cross punches. Add in jump roping for cardio and you’ll be slimming down while toning up in no time. Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid swear by this workout craze. Plus your confidence will soar knowing you can kick anyone’s butt in a boxing match.
Do you think you’ll try group fitness classes? Let us know in the comments below!