Coconut oil is one of those ingredients that’s magic in a jar, so make sure to always have it around the house! It has many uses, which is partly what makes coconut oil so fantastic. Whether you’re using coconut oil as a substitute or using it for something specific, you can count on its aid. This natural ingredient can be used for countless purposes, and here are just a few.
These are six uses to add to your beauty regime. Follow these beauty tips to get the most out of your coconut oil:
1. To moisturize hair: Coconut oil is great for dry and/or damaged hair. It seals in moisture and softens your hair as well. You can use it two different ways — use it as leave-in conditioner or as a hair mask/ treatment. You can apply a bit of it to help split ends, moisturize, and lock in some shine — making it look healthy. However, the longer you leave coconut oil in your hair, the better it works. So, you can leave it in anywhere from an hour to overnight. Just make sure to wash your hair thoroughly after to get all the excess oil off.
2. As a body scrub/moisturizer: Mix some coconut oil with sugar or salt to create a natural exfoliant. You can use it on your hands, feet, and body. Put this scrub to work while in the shower to get rid of dead skin cells, leaving room for healthy skin. You can also slather on some coconut oil to moisturize — it will without a doubt leave your skin feeling like a baby’s.
Related Link: Beauty Tips: Best Anti-Aging Ingredients
3. To shave: Ran out of shaving cream or just want to replace it altogether? For a smooth, close shave you can use coconut oil. It will allow the blade to easily glide over your skin, leaving it extra smooth. No cuts, soft skin. Another tip: make sure to always keep your razors clean and fairly new. Once they start getting dull, time to throw ’em away and get some new ones. This will allow a better shave and will avoid the buildup of bacteria.
4. As a lip balm: If coconut oil can soften your hair and skin, why not your lips? You can use coconut oil on the regular or as a treatment. It will leave your lips soft and smooth. Say goodbye to cracked, chapped lips — say hello to luscious lips!
Related Link: Beauty Trends: 5 Beauty YouTubers You Need to Watch
5. As night cream… and even eye cream: Coconut oil is gentle enough for the sensitive skin around your eyes, making it an even better ingredient. Coconut oil helps with fine lines and under-eye bags, so it’s time to add it to your beauty regime! Obviously, coconut oil works hard so you don’t.
6. To remove makeup: Removing your makeup should not be neglected if you want better skin. You can use coconut oil to remove makeup, while at the same time allowing it to nourish your skin — giving it moisture and helping with fine lines. Just mix some of it with water and rub it on your face gently, removing all the makeup, and then rinse and wash your face afterward. Your face will be makeup-free, clean, and smooth.
As you can now see, it is essential to have coconut oil at home for its many uses. It can not only help you in the beauty department, but it can also replace so many other products. Which way do you plan on using it first?