By Krissy Dolor¬†and Molly Jacob
You don’t have to be Irish to¬†be lucky in love on St. Patrick’s¬†Day. ¬†This day is traditionally about beer and the color green, but this year, it can be about relationships and love!
Cupid’s Pulse has love advice for ways you can meet someone special this St. Patty’s Day:
1. Dust off your”Kiss Me I’m Irish” button from college: You’re guaranteed to get a peck or two if you keep it on all day. But, be careful who you wear this around: this love advice could go sour if you get a kiss from someone you’d rather not get one from!
2. Head to the parade: Take the day off and indulge in the festivities.¬† New York City’s parade, which passes in front of St. Patrick’s Cathedral on Fifth Avenue, is world famous and always filled with people of all backgrounds celebrating Irish history. Put yourself in a new situation to meet someone new!
3. Forget to wear green: By accident, of course.¬† Pinching those who aren’t wearing green is a holiday tradition that started in Boston.¬† People thought that by wearing green you would be invisible to the leprechauns, who would pinch anyone they saw.¬† Pinching others is a reminder that the leprechauns can see you!¬† Hint to a cutie standing nearby that you need a pinch.
4. Do some pinching of your own: This mini-PDA gesture goes both ways, so nip an arm or a cheek – it’s up to you to pick which one would be most appropriate! Dating advice: sometimes you need to make the first move if you’re interested in that hottie at your office, so here’s a perfect way to do so.
Related Link: Date Idea: Bar Crawl Party!
5. Brush up on your history: Everyone knows about the pinching tradition, but did you know that St. Patrick – whose real name was Maewyn Succat – wasn’t even born in Ireland?¬† Share interesting tidbits of your own and you’re bound to get noticed.
6. Test your Irish accent: See how natural your fake accent sounds by asking the closest hottie if you could pass for a Celtic woman.¬† Maybe he can give you a few pointers!
7. Hit up a pub (or five): There are tons of places that will be in the Irish spirit on St. Patty’s day, so take advantage!¬† Check out the¬†New York Irish Pub Guide¬†and Boston Irish Pubs for extensive lists.
8. Go to bars that aren’t celebrating the holiday: If slamming multiple car bombs back isn’t your idea of a good time, why not see if there are others who share your sentiment? ¬†Finding someone who shares your interests is always good love advice.
9. Throw a party: You don’t need to go out to have a good time! You could get started on making this day full of relationships and love by inviting your friends over to your own St. Patrick’s Day party and having them bring their single friends as guests.
10. Make holiday treats:¬† Any food can become St. Patty’s Day-themed with a little green food coloring.¬†If you’re looking for recipes, check out Food.com’s 35 Green Treats for St. Patrick’s Day. Impress your crush by giving them a green cupcake¬†on the 17th. Your mom gave good dating advice when she said the way to anyone’s heart is through their stomach!
If you’re shy, St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to get out of your shell!¬† And with these tips, who needs a lucky charm?¬† Cupid wishes you luck on the road to your pot of gold!
Have you ever met someone special¬†on St. Patrick’s Day? Share below!