By Louisa Gonzales
Breakups are hard. Divorce is even harder. Some are nasty, while others end amicably, but even so, for some couples transitioning from ex lovers to buddies just isn’t possible. Many celebrity partners have gotten married over the years, and not all of them have worked out. However, some pairs have managed to go from being in a romantic relationship to remaining friends. Here are Cupid’s top 5 celebrity ex couples who still remain friends to this day.
1. Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom: The pair married for three years before calling it quits in 2013. The ex couple shares one son, Flynn, born in 2011. The ex lovers may have ended their marriage, which their reps stated the split was amicable, but the family is still spotted in friendly outings together. Having a son together it makes sense the two remains more than cordial with one another.
Related: 5 Celebrities with Open Marriages
2. Courteney Cox and David Arquette: The two got hitched back in 1999 and were together for 11 years before splitting up and then officially divorcing in 2012. The ex lovebirds have one child together their daughter, Coco. The two have reportedly stated they still remain best friends and are both fully committed to raising their daughter together even though they are no longer married.
3. Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon: The couple who tied the knot back in 1999 married young, but remained together for eight years, unusual for Hollywood standards, before ending their romance. The ex lovebirds have a son and daughter together and still maintain a healthy relationship with each other to this day.
4. Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher: The once power couple both made headlines when they first got together back in 2003 because of their major age difference, about fifteen and half years total! Their divorce may have been one of the nastier ones, there’s speculation Kutcher was unfaithful, but the ex’s have both since moved on. Kutcher stated he would always cherish the time they spent together in a tweet and the pair appears to still be friendly toward one another.
Related: Top 10 Celebrity Couples of 2013
5. Demi Moore and Bruce Willis: These two former flames haven’t been married for years divorcing way back in 2000 after being married for 13 years. They had three daughters together. The duo remained close after the split. Willis even use to pose with his daughters, Demi and her now other ex husband Ashton Kutcher! Talk about having no hard feelings!
Do you think it is good to stay friends even after a divorce? Share your comments below.