Parenthood, that is, bringing a child into this world with your own DNA, is a miracle. Sure, it’s an extraordinary undertaking and a definite blessing, but it can also be one giant pain in the butt. As a result, deciding to have children as a married couple is a gargantuan step that will forever change your lives. Although you can expect to lose your privacy and most likely your mind, you can also expect to feel love and gratitude beyond anything you’ve ever experienced. However great these rewards, and perhaps because of the many potential troubles, these Hollywood couples remain kid-free:
1. Prince William and Kate Middleton: As a royal couple, there’s undoubtedly a lot of pressure on Prince William and Kate. The whole world is waiting for the confirmation on a baby bump–which despite rumors, still doesn’t exist–but no one is anticipating it more than the lovebirds themselves. Although they’ve only been married for a little more than a year and have been busy on tour for most of that time, they have pregnancy plans to bring a little prince or princess into this world soon. We suspect that the Duke and Duchess will announce their pregnancy by New Year’s Eve.
2. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum: Could this couple be more beautiful? After Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum first made their debut together in the movie Step Up, they’ve been married for three years. This dancing couple is in their young thirties, and although they do plan on having children in the future, they’re still not sure when. With their hectic lives and crazy schedules, their main focus is on having enough time for each other.
3. Fergie and Josh Duhamel: Let’s forget about the fact that Josh Duhamel was accused of cheating on Fergie, since she has decided to forget about the matter herself, and instead focus on the dream-fulfilling marriage these two now have–literally. Nine years ago, Fergie read a tabloid about a dream that Duhamel had about her, and she later asked him if it was a good dream. His answer eventually led them to a marriage. Though they’ve been married for four years now and want to start a family, they still remain kid-free. Time’s ticking away, so they’d better hurry before it’s too late!
4. Rachel Ray and John Cusimano: Lately, the only coverage Rachel Ray and John Cusimano have been getting isn’t so happy. Though you can’t always believe everything you hear, the rumor mill has been churning up reports of a potential split for this couple. Even before these rumors, however, the two had no plans of parenthood. Ray says that she puts too many hours into her career to even consider having time to raise a child. Parenthood just isn’t in the cards for this couple, and if the rumors are true it might be for the better!
5. Jay Leno and Mavis Leno: It only took Jay Leno three days after meeting Mavis to know that he wanted to marry her, but she wasn’t even sure she ever wanted to marry anyone. After falling in love, she married Leno on the same day his parents were married. In the thirty years they’ve been married, they have always been sure about keeping their marriage child-free. The couple admits that they simply have zero interest in being parents.
In what ways have children affected your marriage? Share your comments below!