Love has been flourishing in 2011, so what comes next? Tying the knot, of course. The royal wedding came and went, but don’t worry – there are plenty more nuptials coming up worth getting excited over. Take a look at the five we’re most excited for:
1. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries: Reality star Kardashian had the surprise of her life two weeks ago when her New Jersey Nets boyfriend proposed in her bedroom. Though the couple has only been dating for six months, the Kardashian clan approves: “He fits in [with the family] already. I think they’re just themselves, and I think that’s the most important thing,” said Kourtney, Kim’s oldest sister. After all, it wouldn’t be the first time a Kardashian girl got married on the fly!
2. Crystal Harris and Hugh Hefner: The two are expected to wed June 18 at the Playboy mansion and we can only expect the most elaborate. There are around 300 guests coming to see this 25-year-old model/singer wed the 85-year-old founder of Playboy. Popeater reports that Harris, who is not signing a prenup, will walk down the backyard aisle in a pink wedding gown.
3. Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson: This came as a shock, especially with Simpson’s track record for dating. Ex-boyfriend Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Tony Romo, beat Simpson to the alter, marrying Candice Crawford on May 28. Simpson’s will be a toned-down affair since it’s both their second marriages. The former Newlyweds star even mentioned eloping! Simpson, according to the Daily Mail, has been seen about town in her Daisy Dukes after working out four times a week with celebrity trainer Tracy Andeson, getting ready for the big day.
4. Vanessa Minnillo and Nick Lachey: I think we all saw this coming, as the pair has been dating for roughly four years. Unlike ex-wife Jessica Simpson, Lachey still plans on going all out for their special day. The former 98 Degrees singer even tweeted, “Damn, this is getting expensive. Good thing she’s worth it.” After a recent pre-wedding party in London, Lachey told Monsters and Critics that his “liver is furious” with him.
5. Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied: We’ve known since December about the engagement. In fact, these two doubled the surprise, announcing after Black Swan they were engaged to be married and expecting their first child. A set date has not been confirmed just yet. E! Online reported that this couple has joined more than 100,000 people in Freedom to Marry’s “I Do” open letter, asking President Obama to support marriage equality.