By Linda Guma
With the start of the holiday season comes the inevitability of shopping for the perfect gifts for all of your loved ones. ¬†And the holidays and romance most certainly go hand-in-hand. ¬†If you’re looking for gift ideas that don’t involve the usual frumpy grandma-style sweater for your partner this year, you’ve come to the right place. ¬†That said, keep in mind that the more consideration you put into your present, the more meaningful it’ll be. ¬†Here are ten ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
1. Personalized compilation: Make a personalized CD or mp3 playlist for your partner by putting together his or her favorite tracks. ¬†Don’t forget to include any romantic tunes that remind you of special moments you experienced together, such as your first slow dance. ¬†And, of course, mix it up with some holiday numbers, to celebrate with the joyous spirit.
2. Customized calendar:Nothing says “I care about you” more than something home made. ¬†With a new year fast approaching, a calendar can come in handy. ¬†Select 12 photos of you and your partner and paste them on the pages for each month. ¬†Circle important dates, and write headers for your anniversary, among other special occasions.
3. Matching wrist watches:This is a great way to punch up your style, as well as¬†a guilt-free way of pampering yourself with a present. Buy matching watches and ask your¬†jeweler¬†to engrave a message on the back, such as your names and “forever.”
4. Tickets to your favorite show:If you’re really not into present exchanges, you can always find a thoughtful way to experience something together. ¬†Buy two tickets to a show that you and your partner both love, whether it’s a movie, a concert or a ballet performance of The Nutcracker.
Related: Unique Events To Attend As A Couple
5. Photo frame collection:¬†It’s a¬†simple idea, but a classic way to keep the loved ones close at hand. ¬†Buy your significant other a silver-plated frame, and insert a photo of the two of you. ¬†To make it extra mushy, inscribe “I love you,” ¬†or a love sonnet by your partner’s favorite poet.
6. Massage coupons:A thoughtful way to express your love this holiday season is to create some free massage coupons. ¬†Your partner will surely appreciate them after a stressful day.
7. Breakfast-in-bed tray:Treat yourselves to a bed tray and the luxury of having breakfast in bed together.
8. Vacation getaway:Be spontaneous! ¬†Organize a weekend trip for two. ¬†Choose a tropical place to escape the winter chill or simply tour a neighboring town you’ve never visited. ¬†Your partner will appreciate your effort to plan the holiday trip. ¬†It’s a great way to get away from your daily routines and reconnect with your honey.
9. Get-out-of-chores passes:Get your arts-and-crafts on by making some paper passes to let your partner skip out on their chores. ¬†You’ll have to take over the cooking or cleaning probably, but it’s a great way to show your love.
10. Lovers pillowcases:Get some personalized pillowcases to touch up your bed. ¬†For instance, you can get some signs embroidered that say “His” and “Her,” or “Mr. Right” and “Mrs. Right.” ¬†If you want to keep with the holiday theme, decorate it with some snowflakes and¬†mistletoe.
Got any creative ideas for what to get your partner this Christmas? ¬†Share your ideas below.