By Linda Guma
After a long, hot summer of late night festivities, followed by fall work hours that extend past six, we could all use an extra hour of sleep so our bodies can catch up.Â Well, soon enough it will be here.Â On November 6th, weâ€™ll turn back the clocks again to Â mark the end of Daylight Savings Time.Â While most of us are probably happy about gaining that extra Â of sleep, Â why not maximize those sixty minutes by spending that extra hour with your partner. Here are five ways to capitalize on a little romance:
1. Rise and shine: Of course, not all of us are nocturnal. Â If you and your partner are early risers, thereâ€™s no need to bother resetting your biological clocks. Â Take advantage of that additional time by going for a morning jog together before you start your respective daily routines. To save some energy, youâ€™ve got to use some energy. Â Other ways to be creative with dates early in the day include morning swims, sweet mimosas at a nearby cafeor breakfast in bed.
2. Last call: If you and your partner like to go out, feel free to unleash your night owl tendencies. Bars and clubs will be open an hour later, which also means that last call for drinks will be extended as well. After grabbing cocktails at your favorite lounge, hit the club and dance the night away.
3. Fall cleaning: This may sound like a big drag, but itâ€™ll be worth it once itâ€™s over. You and your partner can make a game of Â tidying up together. Get rid of things you no longer use and make way for newer items. The sense of accomplishment will serve as a bonding activity and you if you arenâ€™t currently living together, be sure to save a drawer or two for him.
4. Take a chill pill: Take it easy and relax.Â Use the extra time to fuel your energy for the rest of the day. You can find romantic ways to unwind together, such as snuggling in bed or taking a bubble bath together. Even the enjoyment of a local bookstore can be fun.
5. Plan ahead: Make a dateâ€¦ out of planning out your dates. You and your partner will each need ink and paper. Jot down creative activities andÂ places youâ€™ve always wanted to visit. Â Consult each otherâ€™s lists and then sketch out a tentative plan.
An extra hour may not seem like a big deal, but there are plenty of ways to use it to your advantage when it comes to your relationship. Â And, if all else fails, just cuddle and get some sleep.
What can you do to make the most of Fall Back? Share your ideas below.