By Jessica DeRubbo and Molly Jacob
Each year, October 31stÂ brings with it a chance to carve the face of KISS frontman Gene Simmons in your pumpkin, dress up as a sexy version of Jasmine fromÂ Aladdin, dance to the “Monster Mash” at a masquerade with your honey and, most importantly, stuff your face with as much sugary goodness as you can possibly muster. Â Even though you’ll most likely be clutching your aching stomach the next morning, Halloween and candy are inseparable, because you simply can’t have one without the other.
Hollywood isn’t innocent either when it comes to indulging in candy on All Hallows’ Eve.Â Celebrities may stay in shape thanks to strict diets, but everyone has been known to splurge once in a while.Â In fact, places likeÂ Dylan’s Candy in New York City honor those celebrity sugar binges by dedicating a whole wall of treats to all of their favorites.Â Here are five candies that have been officially endorsed (at least verbally) by some of your favorite Tinseltown hotshots:
1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: Neil Patrick Harris has a sweet tooth along with his funny bone. The “Gone Girl” star told Entertainment Weekly that the peanut buttery sweet is his favorite movie theater snack. “They are like the crack cocaine of the candy world,” said Harris.
Related: Neil Patrick Harris is Married
2. Hi-Chews:Â Ryan Gosling, according to an interview with Esquire, has a candy obsession and “speaks of it the way rich men discuss wine.”Â Â While Gosling loves many forms of goodiesÂ (excludingÂ anything chocolate), he is particularly partial to Hi-Chews. “It’s the candy that never quits on you,” says Gosling.
3. Swedish Fish:Â While Justin Bieber is known for his love of Sour Patch Kids, the superstar has had a change of heart. Bieber toldÂ the Montreal Gazette that he is done with his addiction. According to Bieber, his fans kept bringing him the candy to his shows, “so I kept eating them and now, if I eat another Sour Patch Kid, I’m probably going to just throw up.”Â He now sticks to Swedish Fish when he’s in the U.S. and Big Foot gummies when he’s in Canada.
4. Sugar Daddies: Khloe Kardashian favors Sugar Daddies, according to Wonderwall,Â and the reasonÂ behind itÂ only partly has to do with its taste. She says the hard candyÂ reminds her of her dad because he loved Sugar Daddies.Â “I just love anything bad for you. Anything bad is good,” says Kardashian.
5. UNREAL Candy: Not every celebrity’s sweet tooth has to be unhealthy. According to Yahoo!, celebrities such as Tom Brady, Giselle Bundchen, Twitter founder Jack Dorsey and Leonardo DiCaprio are endorsing this “junk-free”Â brand, which offers alternatives to traditional treats. In a statement DiCaprio said,Â “By working together to better understand the health of both people and the environment, we can produce healthier food that will benefit large populations of people while minimizing our impact on the planet.â€ť
Whether you prefer sweet, sour or chocolaty varieties of candy in your trick-or-treat sack, and whether you’re an accountant or a movie star, sugary treats have always been a staple on Halloween.
With that in mind, what’s your favorite candy, and why? Share your thoughts below.