It’s that time of year to give thanks for all the good fortune we have in our lives. Whether it be a successful career, good health or a great big family, there’s no better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than by acknowledging your partner. lover or spouse. We tend to forget the person who matters most to us and that’s why we’ve come up with ten ways that will show your sweetheart how grateful you are that they’re in your life:
1. Hand Crafted Gifts: A great way to show your partner that you truly care about them is to give them a gift with a lot of thought. Nothing shows love like a hand-crafted memento. Whether it’s a scrapbook with pictures of the two of you, or even a simple hand designed card, putting in extra effort shows how much you care.
2. Take a Trip: Plan a romantic getaway for the two of you, and create new memories. Instead of spending the holidays with your family and following old traditions, create your own that will hopefully stick for years.
3. Relive Memories: A great way to give thanks to your partner is to relive the memories of what brought you together in the first place. Be creative and create a playlist of songs that the two of you like or cook a meal that you know your mate is sure to crave. No matter what you choose to do, prove that you’re in tune with what they love and they will appreciate that you paid attention.
4. Try Something New: If there’s something your partner has been dying to try, give it a shot and show them that you’re willing to do new things. Whether it be going to a show, a new restaurant or even a fun adventure, being spontaneous means they can count on you to try new things (at least once).
5. Help Your Partner: Maybe your baby would love to go somewhere or do something, but doesn’t have the funds to do so. You can show your support by researching less expensive date ideas. You can also check out sites like Groupon or LivingSocial where you just may find some deals that will make your soulmate happy.
6. Say How You Feel: Nothing is more meaningful than the words “I love you,” so why not give thanks and share how you feel about your partner. Write them a letter or a card describing what they really mean to you. Sometimes personal gestures can really warm the heart.
7. Make Them Feel Included: Your boo will definitely be able to tell you’re completely committed if you’re willing to open up and have them spend time with your family and friends. Make them comfortable with the people that mean the most to you.
8. Cook Together: Create your own Thanksgiving dinner by working together on a delicious meal. Grab some cook books, a bottle of red wine and team up with your significant other to celebrate Thanksgiving as a couple.
9. Have a Romantic Night: One of the best ways to give thanks to your companion is to have a nice, simple, romantic evening for just the two of you. Snuggle up by the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa and enjoy each other’s company.
10. Say Thank You: What better way to give thanks than by saying, ‘Thank you for being you?” This may seem simple, but saying those two words is something we often take for granted.
What other ways can you give thanks to your partner? Share your thoughts below.