By Linda Guma
With the start of the holiday season comes the inevitability of shopping for the perfect gifts for all of your loved ones. And the holidays and romance most certainly go hand-in-hand. If you’re looking for gift ideas that don’t involve the usual frumpy grandma-style sweater for your partner this year, you’ve come to the right place. That said, keep in mind that the more consideration you put into your present, the more meaningful it’ll be. Here are ten ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
1. Personalized compilation: Make a personalized CD or mp3 playlist for your partner by putting together his or her favorite tracks. Don’t forget to include any romantic tunes that remind you of special moments you experienced together, such as your first slow dance. And, of course, mix it up with some holiday numbers, to celebrate with the joyous spirit.
2. Customized calendar: Nothing says “I care about you” more than something home made. With a new year fast approaching, a calendar can come in handy. Select 12 photos of you and your partner and paste them on the pages for each month. Circle important dates, and write headers for your anniversary, among other special occasions.
3. Matching wrist watches: This is a great way to punch up your style, as well as a guilt-free way of pampering yourself with a present. Buy matching watches and ask your jeweler to engrave a message on the back, such as your names and “forever.”
4. Tickets to your favorite show: If you’re really not into present exchanges, you can always find a thoughtful way to experience something together. Buy two tickets to a show that you and your partner both love, whether it’s a movie, a concert or a ballet performance of The Nutcracker.
Related: Unique Events To Attend As A Couple
5. Photo frame collection: It’s a simple idea, but a classic way to keep the loved ones close at hand. Buy your significant other a silver-plated frame, and insert a photo of the two of you. To make it extra mushy, inscribe “I love you,” or a love sonnet by your partner’s favorite poet.
6. Massage coupons: A thoughtful way to express your love this holiday season is to create some free massage coupons. Your partner will surely appreciate them after a stressful day.
7. Breakfast-in-bed tray: Treat yourselves to a bed tray and the luxury of having breakfast in bed together.
8. Vacation getaway: Be spontaneous! Organize a weekend trip for two. Choose a tropical place to escape the winter chill or simply tour a neighboring town you’ve never visited. Your partner will appreciate your effort to plan the holiday trip. It’s a great way to get away from your daily routines and reconnect with your honey.
9. Get-out-of-chores passes: Get your arts-and-crafts on by making some paper passes to let your partner skip out on their chores. You’ll have to take over the cooking or cleaning probably, but it’s a great way to show your love.
10. Lovers pillowcases: Get some personalized pillowcases to touch up your bed. For instance, you can get some signs embroidered that say “His” and “Her,” or “Mr. Right” and “Mrs. Right.” If you want to keep with the holiday theme, decorate it with some snowflakes and mistletoe.
Got any creative ideas for what to get your partner this Christmas? Share your ideas below.